Forum

Post subject: Regular Evening Rides Laindon / Langdon
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm 
Hi I'm a newbie here, looking to see if there is any interest in a regular evening trail ride around Laindon Hills starting from Laindon, quite a fun ride with a few good climbs no massive milage as can't be out too long (family commitmnets) In the past I did this regular with a mate before he had knee issues, I will be trying to ride it twice a week in the eves throughout the winter (and get out on the road in the light).

It's a good rush on the single track in the dark, decent headlight required, I will probably go early evening tonight.

If I was free Sat I would ask to join in the Thorndon run that I just read about, I had a good little 18 mile route from home using the trails round there. Great site, look forward to joining you on a ride soon Jason 07903810732

Update - seems to be quite a bit of interest - happy to agree start times to suit but if possible like an early start from 17:30 onwards, if people can only do 7pm then happy to agree times on ride by ride basis, I have a good route starting from SS15 not massive but a good weekday workout around the hills and trails. if you want to join in then txt me or message I will check thread messages.

Last edited by JJC1969 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Regular Evening Laindon Ride Anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
Hi
i ride there often, what nights you thinking of? i want to try and ride as many Tues and thurs during the winter as possible . How well do you know Langdon? i generally ride from one tree hill over to dunton plot lands and back and try to take in everything in-between. Would be good to see you route.

Cheers

--------------------------------------
Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm 
I'll try and ride thursdays, as i already do a tuesday

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:58 pm 
Probably not very good etiquette cross sites. But on BR Routes n Ride there a new post on Laindon regular ride.

They may do night rids.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 pm 
shouldgetoutmore wrote:
Hi
i ride there often, what nights you thinking of? i want to try and ride as many Tues and thurs during the winter as possible . How well do you know Langdon? i generally ride from one tree hill over to dunton plot lands and back and try to take in everything in-between. Would be good to see you route.

Cheers

I have to be flex on days as have children and wife is working but yeah Tue and Thurs could work most weeks. I know the hills quite well and have a nice route from the house on Counties estate. I don't care what the weather is either rain or dry use to have to strip before going in the house after some of the rides horse poo and mud lol. Give us txt and perhaps we can get a ride in next week I am no spring chicken but I don't hang about either. J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 pm 
VW-surfbum wrote:
I'll try and ride thursdays, as i already do a tuesday

Great as I say send me txt or we can meet and have ride I will try to make Tue and Thur next week. I am grounded with baby tomorrow or would joining trying to join Thorndon ride, will try and ride Sunday maybe Thorndon, Warley and back to Laindon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 pm 
Thorndon Sunday @ 10

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 pm 
VW-surfbum wrote:
Thorndon Sunday @ 10

Great but could you do any earlier? Like 8 or 9 I would normally ride from Laindon enter Thorndon from Halfway house then ride a route and return, what's your plan?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:47 pm 
Were're meeting @ 10 at the kart trackk, so by the time you get there.

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
How muddy does Langdon Hills get in the winter, I havent been over there for years and cant picture what its like.

I dont really have time to clean the bike midweek evenings and until I build the workshop next year it lives in the kitchen at present. caked in mud would not be conducive to continued marital bliss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 am 
AgentOrange wrote:
how muddy does Langdon Hills get in the winter, I havent been over there for years and cant picture what its like.

I dont really have time to clean the bike midweek evenings and until I build the workshop next year it lives in the kitchen at present. caked in mud would not be conducive to continued marital bliss

I have not really ridden it in winter for sometime when I was over there the other day I noticed that over 50% of the tracks I use for the ride are loose stones or type1 not compressed, it will get muddy but I happy to change routes based on the weather.

Last edited by JJC1969 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:28 am 
VW-surfbum wrote:
Were're meeting @ 10 at the kart trackk, so by the time you get there.

Where is the Kart Track? I thought I knew Thorndon but can't for the life of me remember a kart track? I will probably drive up as don't know what I am getting into here, you lot are probably in your 20's and I may require a paramedic trying to keep up lol

Scratch I know where now, the dry ski slope, ok I plan to be there, looking forward to it, even cleaned the bike.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:56 am 
Good stuff

Bike piccys!

Post subject: Regular Evening Laindon Ride Anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:43 pm 
JJC1969 wrote:
you lot are probably in your 20's and I may require a paramedic trying to keep up lol

You might be pleasantly surprised ;-) ;-)

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 pm 
Might still need the paramedic though :)

Seriously though on every group ride ive been on there has been a 'no rider is left behind' philosophy and the pace matched the weakest rider be that pace or ability/bravery, its what makes the site what it is.

Id be interested in a regular ride, Laindon is quite local for afterwork rides either straight from work or later on
will have to make a recce over there in daylight and source a brighter bar light.