Forum

Post subject: Regular wednesday evening ride in Essex
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:02 pm 
So having got some lights I have been out doing some evening rides and found out one of my local bike shops run a regular wednesday evening ride. thomas revolution in colchester http://www.cycle-revolution.net/

the shop is based in colchester but it sounds like they often head further afield (danbury has been mentioned tonight).

the group leave the shop at 6 and aim for a 8:30 return.

ride location is decided each week and if you ring the shop on a wednesday afternoon they can tell you when (and for those coming from south essex and wanting to meet at the ride spot rather than the shop - where).

if i can get out of work early today i shall be giving it a go and in the future plan to work from home on a wednesday to make joining the ride easier.

Post subject: Re: Regular wednesday evening ride in Essex
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 pm 
Wouldn't be able to do it regularly mate but I might make a Danbury once in a while as I can get the car on a Weds? I think the boys who run http://www.cycle-revolution.net/ are mates of the Leogang chaps - I spent a couple days riding in Morzine with Paul and Darren (in the blue and red) this year - both good riders and like their DH for sure.

thats the mid point n left off the lift btw - epic track!

Post subject: Re: Regular wednesday evening ride in Essex
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:45 am 
Due to child care i managed to miss the ride but did go to danbury on my own for some cheeky night riding down the mini dh tracks.

had great fun and scared myself plenty on the hardtail with a badger being in the middle of the large berm on the left hand run at one point.

jon - if you fancy a danbury evening ride some time give me a shout - wednesdays are good for me