Forum

Post subject: Re: Riding this week.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 pm 
Only just got back ( again)
That session with Tony paid of as I hit all of the drops and all of the gaps bar the one over the berm

On the way back, some tw@t set a bin up in flames with petrol and spray cans so we tried to move it but it was hot and bolted down to the floor so we left, it wernt going to set the forest on fire. We hope

Now to eat some pizza and garlic bread, oh yeah, plus a monster ;)

Any one around tomorrow afternoon

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:10 am 
bradley27 wrote:
Only just got back ( again)
That session with Tony paid of as I hit all of the drops and all of the gaps bar the one over the berm

On the way back, some tw@t set a bin up in flames with petrol and spray cans so we tried to move it but it was hot and bolted down to the floor so we left, it wernt going to set the forest on fire. We hope

Now to eat some pizza and garlic bread, oh yeah, plus a monster ;)

Any one around tomorrow afternoon

Nice one Brad - onward and upward from here!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:12 am 
Karve wrote:
Ah were u down there this PM mate?

I think it needs to be a bit bigger as we added 4 inches onto the lip from its first incarnation and that improved it but we are still not getting in the tranny - despite going about 15ft - the trail will deffo be extended in the not so distant future :)

Northern has done a lot of the recent work down there and this new line is his idea.

We ran the jump about 8 times or so each in total Northern.. needs packing in round the edges but its in fab shape... the run in was pruned too but further up from that is so boggy there is no point starting at the top.... might have to look for a different way in

We can easily add more dirt to take-off but think it need the straight run to allow a few pedal strokes to boost the speed then should be fine. Hadn't noticed a boggy patch before but am sure we can find a dry top section.

Not sure when I'll next be able to get up there but will aim to get this one sorted then start to add some other features to complete it as a separate line.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:44 am 
Hi, were you the guys I met on Thursday night/

That new jump might not need building up just the run up might need a berm as you go through the trees.

Has something happened to the part where the two berms are that split left and right as I rember going round the right to s a double, which I never did yet last night it looked different and I just flew over.

Post subject: Riding this week.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 am 
Hi mate. If it was about 6.30ish on Thursday then it was probably us!

I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:14 am 
trax wrote:
You've done a really good job, but can you please build a kicker afterwards, cos that fallen tree comes up real fast!

Problem solved, I added a fairly big kicker over the log today ,
Rather than hipping it straight left after the kicked, all you have to do is prune a tree ahead and there's a faster looking line

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 am 
MCHardmanUK wrote:
Hi, were you the guys I met on Thursday night/

That new jump might not need building up just the run up might need a berm as you go through the trees.

Has something happened to the part where the two berms are that split left and right as I rember going round the right to s a double, which I never did yet last night it looked different and I just flew over.

Was you the guy with boxxers or 40's
I was on the perp ( multiple coloured)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:20 pm 
northern wrote:

We can easily add more dirt to take-off but think it need the straight run to allow a few pedal strokes to boost the speed then should be fine. Hadn't noticed a boggy patch before but am sure we can find a dry top section.

Not sure when I'll next be able to get up there but will aim to get this one sorted then start to add some other features to complete it as a separate line.

Managed a last minute leave pass this morning so headed up and have cleared and added the straight line run in which with some pedalling at the top now allows you to carry your speed and make the landing - I hit it a few times and made landing each time - should get faster/easier as the run in hardens up (I raked off most of the leaves to get down to dirt).

Then flows nicely into the kicker Brad's added over the tree - nice one Brad!

I've cleared the next section in terms of overhanging stuff so need to add another kicker over the log to the left to allow flow into next section (then thinking right hand hip; built up berm; kicker over a log; natural kicker into natural table and then into bottom section of the existing LH runs). Think this will flow real nice with a different feel to the other lines!!!

There my be potential for a RH berm or hip before the run into the new big jump ....need to check this out

Bumped into Chris and McHardman up there as well and hit all the other trails - all running sweet at the minute!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm 
Hi Brad, yes I was the guy with the 40's asking about your Totems.

The straight line works a treat, was clearing with ease.

As I've said somewhere else I'm planning to go up Monday to dig the log drop on the left line at the very top of the main section. I want to make it a lot bigger as that down slope goes on quite some way.

I alsw started filling in that double with the dodgy log we refused to ride, sorry those that liked it as it was. It was hard with just my hands and a stick to get any decent mud so it will need packing down and filling in a bit round the edges.

People have doena good job up there as everything seems to link better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 pm 
Yay more people for digging

Quote:
As I've said somewhere else I'm planning to go up Monday to dig the log drop on the left line at the very top of the main section. I want to make it a lot bigger as that down slope goes on quite some way.

Which one is that? the one that goes over the path or the one to the left of that?

Quote:
I also started filling in that double with the dodgy log we refused to ride, sorry those that liked it as it was. It was hard with just my hands and a stick to get any decent mud so it will need packing down and filling in a bit round the edges.

Which one is that one - before you fill it find out if others are doing it without a problem. There is a log booter to nothing on the far right line which needs sorting but everything else up there is rideable and working fine right now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm 
At the top by the big rooty tree is a log with a kicker on leading to the left with another log with a lip on it, that one.

It's the one at the end of that drop that has a lip and a log sticking out, little gap with another log just a bit higher.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:43 am 
Quote:
At the top by the big rooty tree is a log with a kicker on leading to the left with another log with a lip on it, that one.

Gotcha

Quote:
It's the one at the end of that drop that has a lip and a log sticking out, little gap with another log just a bit higher.

Ah ok this one? http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5140/552 ... 8cd3_o.jpg? that been run by a bunch of us a lot and its sweet. Sturdying the take off with more dirt is a great idea - but keep the gap its fun. The berm to no where - does need sorting out however.

Might be around this pm at the time you mentioned in ur other post for a bit of a trail ride, but will add in a couple dh runs - blue helmet silver bike say hi if you see me :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:57 pm 
The gap willstay, it was just the take off.

I'll be around there about 6ish, I need to find somethign to dig with.

I'm probably going to be at the top building the left side then.

Will also do that new jump.

Post subject: Riding this week.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 pm 
Great work fellas that line is coming together beautifully! Went miles with the new run in. Anyone around this week to give it some more love?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm 
I'm around all week, what about you jon