Forum

Post subject: 'South Flow to Ditch' - Epping Forest
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 am 
Hello,

I'm a big fan of 'South flow to ditch' (Strava) - Epping Forest and even more so since the double drop over the fallen tree has been built up. I've got two issues though; 1. Why is everyone going straight on after the drops over the tree? 2. It's not long enough...(typical Epping).

I always cut left after the drops then into that lovely loose, rooted right hander. I am going to start riding (not building) a new line after the right-hander which will cut over that straight pussy line after the drops and traverse the hill slightly then find some nice new lines which will extend that trail by A WHOLE MINUTE!

I need people to ride it in and clear it with me. Going up on Sunday morning to start. If you see it, please ride it or give me a hand.

I know the rules on trail building in Epping so I intend on clearing nice rutted or loose open corners nothing built up yet but maybe something in the future.

Neale

Post subject: Re: 'South Flow to Ditch' - Epping Forest
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:43 am 
Ok. So I've scratched in the first line but it needs ridden in. If your riding that trail please try out the new line and help get it a bit faster.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:47 pm 
Hello,

So I've been sessioning the new line on 'South Flow to Ditch' for the last couple of weeks now and I'm probably bias in saying it's a nice addition to the trail.

I've made one adjustment to the trail this week and really need help from someone to help me build a berm which will send you through some tight trees and over a jump. I've already layer out some logs and woven some branches between trees to build upon.

I'm also aiming on building a jump over the straight line after the double tree drop to tempt more riders down the trail and get it ridden and rutted in.

Please help.

Neale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 am 
Make it a tabletop rather than a jump. Its my experience that jump trails don't last long in epping whilst a handy looking pile of earth skillfully covered in leaves { to age its appear} will be overlooked by the wardens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm 
MarkL wrote:
Make it a tabletop rather than a jump. Its my experience that jump trails don't last long in epping whilst a handy looking pile of earth skillfully covered in leaves { to age its appear} will be overlooked by the wardens

Make it a jump, tabletops never get finished! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 pm 
What I'm thinking is to dig it out so the lip of the take off will be ground level and the landing will be the dirt pile from the hole. More like a step up. That way it'll be bigger but not as noticeable.

Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am 
It's starting to take shape now. Ive opened up an existing piece of trail near the top, just after the first fallen tree which was the original line before the tree fell over. Now after the second fallen tree drops if you turn immediately left then round the big right handed you will now see a good rut to hold you in before traversing the hill. Round a tight, off camber, rooty left hand then a few pedal strokes into a tight right hand rut which sticks you between two narrow trees. Over a small fallen tree then a quick left, right into another rut, down and round a very tight tricky left. A couple of easy corners through trees then down over a fallen tree jump.

My aim was to make the hill a bit more technical and more sprinting between corners and I feel it's kind of where I aimed for. I'm pretty fit and I'm fucked after sprinting down the hill. You have to be super precise at the moment to ride it fast as the line dug in is only a shovel width. It needs ridden in to pack the earth down so if your on the hill please send it down. Once it's been properly ridden in I guarantee it'll be an awesome trail better than the big straight line which has come about over the past 2/3 years.

If anyone wants to help let me know.

Neale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm 
I'm almost at the bottom of the new trail now but I need help. I've got two big (and I mean BIG) berms to build & a landing for a jump. Can anyone help? I've added nine corners onto the hill now and another three to go. A few tweaks and some weathering in and this will be a beauty of a trail.