Forum

Post subject: Trail clearance
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:19 am 
Yo.

Was planning on riding Aston Hill this weekend but after riding Epping on Wednsday evening I'm thinking of riding Epping on Sunday again as it was running so fast. The trails are super tacky and smooth... Providing it doesn't rain.

There is lots of branches growing infront of the trails however, nice for scratching your arms and face. I'm thinking of taking up a pair of secateurs and cutting back some of the growth to open up the trails a bit.

Anyone interested in helping me out?

Was thinking of choosing a couple of trails and sessioning them rather than doing a huge ride.

Let me know.

Post subject: Re: Trail clearance
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:27 pm 
Go to Aston hill instead you'll have a blast!!was there today for the first time and absolutely loved it!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 pm 
It's still on the cards but Epping is running really well at the moment and need to take advantage of the good stuff while its dry. Aston is good all year round and easy when it's this dry. Kinda fancy spinning the legs rather than pushing up... Off to Spain for some big climbs in a couple of weeks, so big rides are the focus for me right now.

There's some nice new jumps sprung up in the forest as well which need sessioned.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:30 pm 
Id hate to ride Aston in the wet.that chalk is bloomin lethal haha as my mate found out today!slid out on greasy chalk and smashed himself up pretty good.i haven't been to Epping for years now so don't really know where to head to

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:36 pm 
Epping is only good if you know where to look. Most folk who ride up there only see the shit stuff and complain about it. On a good day it's as good as Peaslake and you can get around the same amount of climbing and descending as there. If you ever want let me know and I can show you.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:55 am 
Ok mate sounds good

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 am 
I'm always out in the wetter months clearing trails and fixing them. Haven't been out this year due to a broken leg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:27 pm 
Cool, if you fancy meeting up one Sunday and clearing some shit let me know. I've started building a new trail up by "Masda Laguna Seca" also f you fancy helping?