Forum

Post subject: Whens the next Thorndon ride going to be?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm 
I've not been out on the bike much due to the joys or sorting out a house purchase but I really want to get over to Thorndon again for a ride. Will be my 2nd time off road so not confident enough to head over on my own yet.

If not Thorndon then where else could I go? I don't have a bike rack for the car so can only cycle to places or get the train.

Post subject: Re: Whens the next Thorndon ride going to be?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm 
Where are you based Daz?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm 
I'm in Romford.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 pm 
Hornchurch country park is a nice little ride and good starting point. I took the Mrs over to Thorndon when she was relatively fresh to off road and it put her off a little as it was so muddy.

If you don't mind riding over there and doing some exploring then your all good.

Alternatively, you have hainault and havering-atte-bower. I started out riding these trails and they can be quite fun. Just get out and explore within your limits. I found it was best to initially learn on my own as there was no pressure from anyone but myself. But each to their own and all that.

J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm 
I could head over to Hornchurch country park but I really enjoyed the group atmosphere when going over Thorndon with everyone. I go out for rides on the road and enjoy those but it's not as fun as with a group of others.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 pm 
That's fair enough mate. I rode over Danbury with a group from this forum for the first time last week and really enjoyed so can totally understand where your coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm 
Hi daz been riding over to RSPB through hornchurch country park!,last friday did a rode ride with banjo arund south weald,navstock way alittle wet tho!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm 
A up daz..as jrob1606 said hainult is good..if u ride up to the church at havering atte-bower u can head down to the stables and into the forest that way..plus its almost impossible to get lost over there..i bet thorndon is a quagmire after all this rain..join me n simon on our next rspb if ya fancy..we'll post up..z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
banjoboy wrote:
a up daz..as jrob1606 said hainult is good..if u ride up to the church at havering atte-bower u can head down to the stables and into the forest that way..plus its almost impossible to get lost over there..i bet thorndon is a quagmire after all this rain..join me n simon on our next rspb if ya fancy..we'll post up..z

That would be cool to tag along with you both if that's alright. I'll try and keep an eye out for when you next go out :).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm 
I will be heading over tomorrow day time as i'm on shift at the moment, need to do a proper blast over there as have not been out in almost three weeks =(

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING