Forum

Post subject: Looking for regular ride buddy to get fit / improve / etc
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm 
Ok, so I am wondering if there is any-one out there in the Hornchurch/Romford area who, like me is looking to get out there and ride to get fit and explore around here?
I am 50, overweight, and just got a new mountain bike, and have started to ride around Pages woods, and working my way towards Thorndon/Warley.
Also got Hornchurch country park to play out in, amongst others.
I think it would be great if there is anyone else in a similar position who would like to meet up as a regular thing so we can get fit, (plus in my case, lose some weight!) and improve our cycling technique.
I'm slow, unfit, so I don't need some-one who will just leave me in their dust, I'm looking for some-one in the same boat as me !!
I work nights, so can ride pretty much any days after say midday to around 5ish in the evening, and anytime on weekends.
Obviously, I realise I am an old codger, and wouldn't like to limit my search to people of my age group, as that might be a bit too limiting, so any age would be good.
If enough people are interested we could have a little group of unfit riders who can all improve together .
Could be a great way of getting out there and getting fit.
Finally, believe me when I say I am new to this, I am at the very beginning of my getting fit journey, so it would be cool to take some steps with another like minded (and bodied) individual !

If any-one is interested, post on this thread, or PM me, or whatever works best for you.
Cheers,
Gary.

--------------------------------------
I'm 53,fat,and unfit,but working on it.

Post subject: Re: Looking for regular ride buddy to get fit / improve / et
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am 
Sent you a PM ;)

Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 pm 
Hi Gary,

I'm in a similar position to you ( 47 and fat ;) ) although I'm a bit further along as I started in May.

I usually ride around Epping, live in Forest Gate, most weekends managing 20 miles or so at a gentle pace :)

I'm also out at Harold Hill most Saturdays... late morning early afternoon ( my son has a Kung Fu lesson that finishes about 11ish ). Would be happy to meet up for a ride around the local area but just to warn you that my son is a bit outside our age range at 9. That said he's happy for about 10 miles or so at about 7-8mph if you can put up with the background noise :wtf:

martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
stumpie wrote:
sent you a PM ;)

PM sent in reply.
Thanks for that.
Cheers,
Gary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 pm 
bugeye wrote:
Hi Gary,

I'm in a similar position to you ( 47 and fat ;) ) although I'm a bit further along as I started in May.

I usually ride around Epping, live in Forest Gate, most weekends managing 20 miles or so at a gentle pace :)

I'm also out at Harold Hill most Saturdays... late morning early afternoon ( my son has a Kung Fu lesson that finishes about 11ish ). Would be happy to meet up for a ride around the local area but just to warn you that my son is a bit outside our age range at 9. That said he's happy for about 10 miles or so at about 7-8mph if you can put up with the background noise :wtf:

martin

Hi Martin.
As I work permanent nights at the moment, a Saturday or Sunday is ideal for me.
Quite happy to tag along at Harold Hill, as I have been riding around there and Pages Woods as my regular trail riding spot.
I'll PM my mobile number so if you want you can txt me when your going, and we could meet up if you don't mind?
I certainly don't mind the 9yr old background noise, it's whether I can stand the humiliation of being beaten up by a 9yr old !! :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 am 
Hi Gary,

Sent you a PM the other day.

Let me know if it's any good for you :)

Martin