Forum

Post subject: Epping (any) weekday ride - starting at High Beech
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:38 am 
Hi all

I'm currently enjoying some time off work and need to get out on the bike more. I would say I know the High Beech towards Buckhurst Hill area pretty well now but am keen to get a full run up towards Epping via Loughton so I can have a nice long flowy ride. Eppings got some nice bits but I don't quite know how best to string them together.
Anyone who's keen for a ride during weekdays just drop me a line and we can arrange a run. I'm 30, reasonably fit, average skilled and available most days. Based in Buckhurst Hill.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 am 
Are you free tomorrow?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Epping (any) weekday ride - starting at High Beech
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 am 
gavmc wrote:
Hi all

I'm currently enjoying some time off work and need to get out on the bike more. I would say I know the High Beech towards Buckhurst Hill area pretty well now but am keen to get a full run up towards Epping via Loughton so I can have a nice long flowy ride. Eppings got some nice bits but I don't quite know how best to string them together.
Anyone who's keen for a ride during weekdays just drop me a line and we can arrange a run. I'm 30, reasonably fit, average skilled and available most days. Based in Buckhurst Hill.

Cheers

Hi Gav,

I am off Uni till the 17th Sept and without the kids too! I would like to meet up. Though I have cycled Epping much, I dont know where I am half the time. I have a rule not to visit Epping during the weekends as it too busy, so I can meet with you during the week. If you are keen I could also show you Broxbourgh Woods during the week too?

I am 42 yrs old and built for endurance rather than speed (no I dont consider myself overweight). I dont do jumping or any air time with my full susser but I am keen to try new things.

Cheers,
Ferenc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:05 pm 
Guys,

I'm on a course Monday to Wednesday this week but can do Thursday of Friday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm 
Shame, I'm off to Cyprus for hols with the family on Tuesday! Tomorrow is my last chance to get some riding in for two weeks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:27 am 
gavmc wrote:
Guys,

I'm on a course Monday to Wednesday this week but can do Thursday of Friday?

Yea that would be great, either Thur or Fri. I could meet you after 9-10 am? Where would you like to ride?
I will send my details via P/M.

Ferenc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 am 
I could probably do Friday, although not until more like 11am. Any good?
Really keen to explore Epping again - I've not been there in years but since moving to the area it's now pretty local.
Gavmc and Ferenc, I'll PM you.
Nic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 pm 
nicshaw44 wrote:
I could probably do Friday, although not until more like 11am. Any good?
Really keen to explore Epping again - I've not been there in years but since moving to the area it's now pretty local.
Gavmc and Ferenc, I'll PM you.
Nic

Its done then. Friday at Epping!

Ferenc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:24 pm 
Gavmc, my PM to you is stuck in my outbox, not sure why. Could you maybe PM me instead?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 pm 
Hi nicshaw44 - PMs sit in the Outbox until the recipient reads them - Gavmc wont have read it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 pm 
Jon wrote:
Hi nicshaw44 - PMs sit in the Outbox until the recipient reads them - Gavmc wont have read it yet.

Ah, thanks Jon. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 pm 
Hi..
I could be up for day ride Friday.. I'm not fit ,not fast ,but up for exploring.!! :D

--------------------------------------
Stay on target...!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:08 am 
Hi RedTwo,
8pie and I are due to meet at 11ish at High Beech, altho being a newcomer to the area I've no idea where on High Beech he means. Is there a car park where riders normally meet? I'm hoping that either he or you, if you can make it, know where you're going too?
Cheers,
Nic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:19 am 
nicshaw44 wrote:
Hi RedTwo,
8pie and I are due to meet at 11ish at High Beech, altho being a newcomer to the area I've no idea where on High Beech he means. Is there a car park where riders normally meet? I'm hoping that either he or you, if you can make it, know where you're going too?
Cheers,
Nic

Hi,

I have suggested the car park close to Chingford station (off Ranger's Rd) although I am open to suggestions. I can meet at High Beach either in the car park to the forest center next to the outdoor swimming pool?

Ferenc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am 
8pie wrote:
nicshaw44 wrote:
Hi RedTwo,
Cheers,
Nic

Hi,

I have suggested the car park close to Chingford station (off Ranger's Rd) although I am open to suggestions. I can meet at High Beach either in the car park to the forest center next to the outdoor swimming pool?

Ferenc

Thanks Ferenc. See you at the car park off Ranger's Road at 11 (as per your email).

RedTwo, you in?