Forum

Post subject: Epping Sun 21st Sept
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:57 pm 
As the title says, gonna head down to Epping on Sunday with a mate from here. If anyone else is about, do you fancy meeting up? could really use a guide :D or if anyone has a link to Endomondo with a decent Epping route and can paste a link would be really appreciated.

Bit of a recce for us as we would really like to start bringing some of the guys from our Regiment down on Wednesdays (sports afternoon day)

Will be at Bury Rd car park about 10am.

Pete.

--------------------------------------
GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

Post subject: Re: Epping Sun 21st Sept
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 pm 
Hi Scraper,

I am keen to go to Epping this Sunday. I had a 1 year beak of cycling, but now my new bike is asking for a ride.
Do you have any recommendation on how I could get there from Bermondsey? I understand bikes are not allowed in the underground.
(Yes, I am relatively new to London)

Thanks!
Andra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm 
Sorry Andra, i don't know London at all, hopefully someone will have an idea of traveling with a bike.

GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 am 
Best way is to ride from Bermondsey to Liverpool Street via Tower Bridge and get the train to Chingford.

It's easy enough to ride all the way too, ten miles or so.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:12 pm 
I dont know how experienced you guys are?
But im just starting out MTB
im not super fast or really fit
can i join you tommoz?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 pm 
Your more than welcome mate, my fitness could be better. Will see tomorrow when we get lost :lol: I am also a newbie only got a handful of proper rides under my belt so still learning myself. Will be in a black Nissan Quasqai on a 14 plate (work car)

GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:45 pm 
See you tomorrow
look for big grand scenic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:01 pm 
Hoping we will find a regular there who can show us some routes. If not i will try and upload 1 from Endomondo, but then there is no guarantee that it will be any good. Either way we will have a blast.

GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm 
Hi guys.

I am new to Epping Forest but live very close by. I have found a site with a view different routes if this helps.

http://www.everytrail.com/browse.php?ac ... te=England

I may come and join you tomorrow morning if I can make the time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm 
Wouldn't mind tagging along also if I get up there in time and that's ok? Really inexperienced but do a great job of laughing at myself!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
Could you leave a postcode of the meeting point, so I can find a way of getting there? I will come from Chingford - arriving there by train.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:37 pm 
E4 7AZ is the closest postcode i can find mate (that was taken from Royal Epping Forest golf club) less than 100m away.

Or use this link to have a look at the area where we will be meeting. Bury Rd car park. http://goo.gl/maps/BFzFT

I will check this post before i leave in the morning and when i get to the car park, just in case anyone is running late.

GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:40 pm 
Scarper wrote:
E4 7AZ is the closest postcode i can find mate (that was taken from Royal Epping Forest golf club) less than 100m away.

Or use this link to have a look at the area where we will be meeting. Bury Rd car park. http://goo.gl/maps/BFzFT

I will check this post before i leave in the morning and when i get to the car park, just in case anyone is running late.

That post code is fine mate. Its next to the car park.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:54 pm 
Hey guys.... sorry I hadn't spotted this thread before ( probably because I wasn't looking :wtf: )

A bunch of are riding tomorrow but unlike the usual 'All welcome' ride we were planning on keeping the pace up a bit ( not that the pace is fast :lolno: ) with minimal stops.

Happy for people to tag on if they want, just that it won't be the usual wait for everyone to catch up and get their breath back sort of thing ;)

Pete... if you pm your email address I'll send you a gpx of the last ride... same route we'll do tomorrow :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm 
bugeye wrote:
Hey guys.... sorry I hadn't spotted this thread before ( probably because I wasn't looking :wtf: )

A bunch of are riding tomorrow but unlike the usual 'All welcome' ride we were planning on keeping the pace up a bit ( not that the pace is fast :lolno: ) with minimal stops.

Happy for people to tag on if they want, just that it won't be the usual wait for everyone to catch up and get their breath back sort of thing ;)

Pete... if you pm your email address I'll send you a gpx of the last ride... same route we'll do tomorrow :thumbup:

What time were you going to meet? I may tag along with you guys....until I run out of steam!