Forum

Post subject: Mud Sweat and Gears race Hadleigh XC 10th May
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:04 pm 
Hi all,

MSG at Hadleigh on the 10th.

Come on Chatman...enter it I need revenge for Carver barracks. If we started on the line together it would be a close race.

Peter, I expect you to be there. Obviously, I would be eating your dust trail but I may be able to keep up for one or two laps.

Redact, you survived Potash. Hadleigh is just so different! I think you might like it. A and B runs so options all around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:17 am 
Sorry but I'm not going to be doing this one, I'm doing the Wiggle Devils ride on the 16th then off to the Peaks on the weekend after.. But still wouldn't pay the £21 to ride an open course, you have to promise me you're do that rock drop before going over the top of the first tunnel, and you will kill all the roadies up the hills lol

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: Mud Sweat and Gears race Hadleigh XC 10th May
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 am 
Same weekend as UKGE rd 1 :evil: have to go to that but hopefully will get at least 1 round of MSG in. Have a good one and watch for loose dirt in the corners :lol:

GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:43 pm 
Considering it. Still in bits after Potash!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm 
LOL I will be there. Its a good course and apparently all brave sections will be included :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 pm 
1) Triple Trouble: We will use the A line and the C line, but not the B line. The C line is much easier now than when we last visited.
2) Deanes Drop: We will use the A and the new B line. The new B line is much easier (and fun to ride) than the original one. The A line is pretty much as was.
3) The Gap Jump: We will use the A & the B lines which are unaltered.
4) Oak Tree Drop: We will use the A and B lines, both of which are somewhat better to ride than they were.
5) Leap of Faith: We will use the A and the B lines. The B line has been modified and is a lot less scary than it used to be.
6) The Rock Garden: We are going to kind of use this, but not in the way you think or as seen in the Olympics. It will not be a major scary problem for anyone.
7) The new B line for the Rock Garden: This is so much fun to ride that we've worked it in as a part of the course for everyone to ride.
8) Breath Taker climb: Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it?
9) Snake Hill: We will use this minus the rock garden at the bottom.... might not be quite what you expect though.
10) The Final Descent: This is not in the MSG course.
11) The New Dual Slalom section: Oh go on then..... just because its a blast.
Now get yourself signed up before you miss out. We are expecting a bumper take up for this round, and because the course is shorter than we usually use we will very likely hit our ceiling on numbers. You have been warned.

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:53 pm 
Sounds a good course best they keep the air ambulance on speed dial then

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:00 pm 
From Facebook:

LIMITED ACCESS TO THE TRACKS THIS WEEKEND

This weekend 9th and 10th May Hadleigh Park will be hosting Mud Sweat and Gears therefore access to ride the track will be limited.
On SATURDAY 9th the public can access the tracks but coaching and race preparation means access is limited and some features may be closed.

On SUNDAY 10th there will be NO access to the tracks between 8am – 4.30pm, please see the full timetable below.

SUNDAY 10th
MSG Race Day Timetable

08.30 – 09.40 – Course open for general practice. All riders should have a number board and helmet on.

10.00 – Race 1 STARTS.
11.30 – All other female categories finish.

12.30 – RACE 2 STARTS
12.50 – Under 12’s race finishes.
13.00 – 13.40 - Course open for general practice. All riders should have a number board and helmet on.

14.00 – RACE 3 STARTS
15.40 – All races finish
Please let anyone know who may be thinking of coming that there will be restrictions. If you are there, please respect our marshals who will be ensuring the safety of all those racing and spectating.

To find out more about Mud Sweat and Gears - Eastern XC Series, head to - http://www.mudsweatgears.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:07 pm 
Great weather for the race. Peterfb was actually name called to the line.

Finished 45th out of 79. Still not in the right half of the field but am getting there. Track was loose in places and MSG made the track go up a field in one location and down another bit of grass in another location. However it was certainly a track that wasn't too technical...this coming from me taking the B lines!!!!

Overall a lot of climbing. By lap 2 I was using the granny. I talking about a triple granny...a real one!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:10 pm 
Go Bobby :thumbup:

took lots more photos

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:54 pm 
VW-surfbum wrote:
1) Triple Trouble: We will use the A line and the C line, but not the B line. The C line is much easier now than when we last visited.
2) Deanes Drop: We will use the A and the new B line. The new B line is much easier (and fun to ride) than the original one. The A line is pretty much as was.
3) The Gap Jump: We will use the A & the B lines which are unaltered.
4) Oak Tree Drop: We will use the A and B lines, both of which are somewhat better to ride than they were.
5) Leap of Faith: We will use the A and the B lines. The B line has been modified and is a lot less scary than it used to be.
6) The Rock Garden: We are going to kind of use this, but not in the way you think or as seen in the Olympics. It will not be a major scary problem for anyone.
7) The new B line for the Rock Garden: This is so much fun to ride that we've worked it in as a part of the course for everyone to ride.
8) Breath Taker climb: Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it?
9) Snake Hill: We will use this minus the rock garden at the bottom.... might not be quite what you expect though.
10) The Final Descent: This is not in the MSG course.
11) The New Dual Slalom section: Oh go on then..... just because its a blast.
Now get yourself signed up before you miss out. We are expecting a bumper take up for this round, and because the course is shorter than we usually use we will very likely hit our ceiling on numbers. You have been warned.

Was slightly different, Deanes Drop A was shut but given the amount of blood spilled on there maybe a good idea. Only watched race for a bit, was nice to get out in the sun, well done to those who took part.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:44 pm 
Great day and challenging course at Hadleigh today. It looked like to me most of the track was uphill :) as they completely changed the usual route.
Managed 33 place. Could have done better maybe if I had more gears as the rear derailleur refused to move in the middle of the second lap.
One bloke cut me badly in one of the berms and almost pushed me out of the track only to stack it with OTB 30 sec later :) like one of these instant karma videos :) One lucky escape going through the gap jump as front wheel caught the landing edge of the woodwork.

My wife told me that two police cars have turned up at some point in the morning as apparently a white van has been seen driving around the car park and occupants checking for unlocked cars. Hopefully no one had anything stolen.

Most of course can be seen here:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:30 am 
Really good Vid Peter, Really makes you feel like your riding with you!
My thighs were burning just watching LOL, Must of been a really frustrating race with all thouse lycra louts not getting out the way on the decents, or the climbs for that matter?
typical MSG track where you have no time to take on fluids, EPIC

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 am 
Yeah Dude awesome vid, in the coming weeks I will probably go over there for a ride. Nice that they had made it open to the public

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:20 am 
peterfb I see lots of riders get court out on grass bit bottom of triple trouble.