Forum

Post subject: Tr*nt Park skills area
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:54 pm 
I am currently planning to (unofficially) make a small skills area in an area of Tr*nt Park geared towards rock gardens, roots, planks and other small technicals etc.

Anyone up for lending a hand build?

Last edited by xTrirogan on Thu May 21, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Trent Park skills area
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:29 pm 
Sorry to far for me but...

From my own experience, why not have a go at creating a technical pump track with rollers, berms & the roots n rocks ,
but leave the planks out as it would be just be asking for early discovery & trouble. Do one feature at a time and tidy up and"age" each one as you finish it.

P.S. If you spell it Tr*nt Park from now on , then Google wont "find" you. ..... First rule of naughty trails and all that ;-)

Good Luck

Post subject: Re: Tr*nt Park skills area
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:29 pm 
Thanks for the tip!

I was thinking pump track but I run and ride up there and stumbled across an area with lots of downed trunks I've been using to practice clearing obstacles but I specifically want to simulate a rock garden style technical then add berms and other features.

In an Irish forest I was introduced to a similar area where logs had been cut, laid out and pegged/lashed down to create a great technical feature along with sections with dug in logs with different lines through.

Gonna take my saw, some pegs and some cord down and see what I can bundle together Monday.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:48 pm 
Since we're on the topic of trail building I was thinking about building some lines in E*p*ing because Im bored annoyed with the boggy, twsity rooted trails

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 pm 
Please build them away from the existing 'boggy, twisty rooted trails' and avoid 'improving' any of 'the boggy,twisty rooted trails' that the rest of us like to ride ;)

Even better just ride somewhere like Swinley... no mud there ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:11 pm 
Yeah man, I'm up for it. I'm a bit of a newb and have recently been thinking about getting into some building myself to help develop my skills - was there last weekend as it goes in search of the jumps area and have been planning to go back and tidy it up a bit so I can learn how to jump. I've got a van and tools and bags of enthusiasm!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:16 am 
I'm going to be down there during the evening of bank holiday monday about 4, PM me and I'll direct you to the part of the park.

I'm planning to start by creating a roll over log for jumping and a small row of uneven logs to start a rock garden. If you come id bring a mallet and some camp pegs you dont need. I'm bringing a hacksaw/saw plus pegs and cord to lash them down. Got a small snow shovel for moving some earth around them. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:02 pm 
Hi guys . im planning to do some work as well in there so we might come across . im on night in my work so its hard to meet up . i will clean and sort out the main trails . seeya

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 pm 
Hi xTrirogan - I've PM'd you but msg looks like it's just sat in my Outbox - have you received it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:54 pm 
Stev-o sent a pm

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:43 am 
Thanks. But I'm at work all week down at Brighton area. Next time

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:00 am 
Im interested, ill probably end up taking the road bike there but will defiantly help dig, throw me a pm and ill give you my number.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:33 am 
So the first part of the area is coming together thanks to the skilled hands of Kramp and I.

Have plenty of plans for what to do next, for the moment were going to ride in what we've built.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:20 pm 
Hi guys, I'm local to tr*nt.

Where abouts are u building? There's a few trails that could do with some work to improve the flow.

Casey

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:47 pm 
Hey casey,

Yea, we've seen quite a few parts in TP that need some work.

Ping me a PM and ill let you know where it is as long as your happy to pitch in making some more parts :)