Forum

Post subject: Last Minuite Epping Night Ride Tuesday 30th June
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:36 pm 
Been thinking about going out while the nights are warm and reasonably light for a night ride. All welcome to join ;)

There is no specific route selected but will be sticking to the singletrack as much as possible and would imagine that it will be kept under 20 miles or less. Personally I think my riding is not so quick on the ups but try to make up for it on the downs, there will be plenty of stops to regroup as best as possible.

Also to keep it easy was thinking of using Bury Rd car park. But I am not 100% if they have gates that close at a certain time or not?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.63 ... !1m0?hl=en

Postcode - E4 7QJ

Alternatively if the car park does have closing hours we can meet by the parking spaces at the green tea hut in High Beech, quite close to the bacon stop on the usual Epping Sunday ride.

Will aim to get there for 7:45pm and set off at 8pm.

This time of year you may just be able to get away without a light but I would still recommend bringing one, I'm sure it will be beneficial in the latter half of the ride under the cover of trees.

Going to be quite a hot night so bring plenty of fluids.....could also be handy if you suffer from imsomnia on hot nights :D

Hopefully see you there!

Post subject: Re: Last Minuite Epping Night Ride Tuesday 30th June
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 pm 
Cant make this but have a good one. Conditions are the best they have been for a few years. Lines I haven't seen since 2012 have appeared!

gets darkish in the trees from 8.50ish

Anyone thinking about it get stuck in. Epping evening rides are so much fun!

Post subject: Re: Last Minuite Epping Night Ride Tuesday 30th June
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:25 am 
Well it was fun, ended up staying out later than planned got back to the car about 11pm. Met up with a pal of mine near high beech and he parked up there so it was interesting when we parted ways and I headed back in the dark on my own, see lots of rabbits and the occasional deer darting about across the trail. Was definately a different atmosphere than the day :)