Forum

Post subject: Night rides - Enfield / Trent Park / Broxbourne area
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 pm 
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to get some evening rides in once the kids are in bed. Anyone venturing out after 7/8pm these days? I'm based in Enfield, but up for anything relatively local - so Trent Park, Broxbourne etc. Only caveat is I don't know the trails very well - I've only been to Trent Park so far, which is decent for an hour or so's blast, but that's about it.
Cheers,
Nic

Post subject: Re: Night rides - Enfield / Trent Park / Broxbourne area
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:21 am 
nicshaw44 wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to get some evening rides in once the kids are in bed. Anyone venturing out after 7/8pm these days? I'm based in Enfield, but up for anything relatively local - so Trent Park, Broxbourne etc. Only caveat is I don't know the trails very well - I've only been to Trent Park so far, which is decent for an hour or so's blast, but that's about it.
Cheers,
Nic

Hi Nic,

was it you I saw on a Orange bike yesterday in Trent Park? How about weekends, are you free for a few hours?

Cheers,

Ferenc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 am 
Hi Ferenc, no it wasn't me - I ride a white hardtail.
I can usually get out for an hour or two at the weekend if I give the missus a bit of warning. Are you planning a ride? I'm away this weekend coming, but around on Bank Holiday Monday.
Cheers,
Nic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 pm 
nicshaw44 wrote:
I can usually get out for an hour or two at the weekend if I give the missus a bit of warning. Are you planning a ride? I'm away this weekend coming, but around on Bank Holiday Monday.
Cheers,
Nic

Yeah that's great, we can do a 2-3 hours (tops) spin in Broxbourne of about 20 km's on the bank holiday (depending on railway maintenance works as we need to get to Bayford). I am also keen to try Swinley Forest at some point as I have never been there before. Let me know your thoughts??

Ferenc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm 
8pie wrote:
nicshaw44 wrote:
Cheers,
Nic

Yeah that's great, we can do a 2-3 hours (tops) spin in Broxbourne of about 20 km's on the bank holiday (depending on railway maintenance works as we need to get to Bayford). I am also keen to try Swinley Forest at some point as I have never been there before. Let me know your thoughts??

Ferenc

Sounds good to me - I'll double check with senior management.
Did you receive my PM? Not sure if it sent properly.
I used to ride Swinley quite a bit as I lived in SW London - it's good for a couple of hours' blast, with some nice singletrack and DH-lite descents and jumps, and a bunch of the trails are now official and graded, so it would be worth a trip at some point.
n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:23 pm 
Ferenc, my PM seems to be stuck in my outbox, not sure why. Could you PM me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:27 am 
Are you still doing this? Mind if I join you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:54 pm 
danielyuki wrote:
Are you still doing this? Mind if I join you?

Hi Daniel, no, sadly not - Ferenc is busy tomorrow I think, so I'm just going for an early morning blast around Trent Park. I'll be starting about 8-8.30 if you fancy joining me (and can be arsed to get up that early), finishing about 10.
Nic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 pm 
Wowzers. That's early, doubt I'll make it. I was out on my bike today and got a puncture, need to fix that too so maybe another time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 am 
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of clearing up and mapping a flowy xc ride in Tr*nt park covering 15km or so. Going to finish it this week then publish the garmin map. It's would be an awesome night ride if people we interested. I'm usual down that way of an evening honing skills after work about 7.30. I ride a black and red cannondale lefty.

(The orange bike might have been me looking at the date, had an orange one back then - Nostalga)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:07 am 
Hi xTrirogan, I'd be up for a blast round the park someone soon if you're around? Could do tomo day or evening, or over the weekend. Pm me if you're interested. Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 pm 
Fab mate. Tomorrow I'm riding Woburn sands during the day, was there today doing a bit but some fu*kers messed with some of the stuff is laid out.

Might go by tomorrow as I need to brush out some lines to make the whole thing flow more. If you're about Saturday morning I can meet you for a short blast. I usually park up the top of snakes lanes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:35 am 
Should be some peeps in Wormley this evening ;)