Forum

Post subject: Down hill and jump area?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:32 pm 
Hi everyone. Just joined the website and forum and live in camden London.

I went to Thorndon today (oddly enough i grew up round there) to try and find the downhill sections and jumps but could not find them. I did the biggest loop I could starting from the country park centre itself ( I initially went to the go kart track and driving range but couldn't see any route out) but couldn't find the jumps at all. I did find the hilly area down south west which I assume is the downhill sections with some railway sleeper drop offs.

If anyone can help point me in the direction of the jumps primarily but also the downhill sections too I would be very grateful. I have a Strava map of my route which may help. Image attached.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Attachments:
File comment: my route
IMG_6772.PNG
IMG_6772.PNG [ 340.21 KiB | Viewed 769 times ]

Post subject: Re: Down hill and jump area?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 am 
So near yet so far!

Jump section and downhill (if you can call it that) are just down from the go-karting track at Warley Gap. If you enter Warley Gap behind the ford factory and follow the path to the right you will get to the Jumps and downhill bit

--------------------------------------
Yeti SB66 / Morewood Makulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:09 am 
mudluva wrote:
So near yet so far!

Jump section and downhill (if you can call it that) are just down from the go-karting track at Warley Gap. If you enter Warley Gap behind the ford factory and follow the path to the right you will get to the Jumps and downhill bit

Thanks for that. Just to calrify. I parked in the go kart car park initially but couldn't find a 'route in'

The bottom left of my strava map is where i went down the left hand side of the ford factory (facing it from the road) and stayed as far south as a could (there was a fence restricting further movement) and i came out at the tennis courts.

Do you mean i have to go behind the ford factory (facing the factory on the right) side where Clive road is and is it then on the west or east side of warley gap road?

thanks again
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 11.06.31.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 11.06.31.png [ 62.5 KiB | Viewed 706 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm 
Two lots of jumps areas at the moment, first lot is right of the Warley gap road (two dh jumpy tail lines), second is the other side of the road with my big dh lines. This side was closed down last year with everything being ripped down but as far as I know its back and being turned into a bike park once insurance is sorted

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm 
Thanks everyone. hopefully see you out there at some point soon.