Forum

Post subject: Winter hack
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 pm 
I've been debating about building or buying a winter hack but every time I look in to it I think its going to cost a fortune or end up buying a pooper and end up costing in lots in the future :cry:

Then I remembered I have got a ride to work schema at work so can get a new £1000 bike for around £600 spread over a year or so. Unfortunately I have to buy from evans. SSSSSOOOOO what bikes do you recon are worth a look bearing in mind I don't want to spend much more than the magic grand (as won't get any discount on it and would have to pay the extra up front).

Thinking 29er cos of mile mucher in slop rather than tech riding, steel for comfort and would prefer sram gearing as got it all ready on other bike. Did try a road bike but it felt more uncomfortable than going to a Kenny g concert...

So far the genesis latitude is top of the list
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gen ... e-ec043745

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 am 
Riding through slippery slop is probably the most technical riding to be had in these parts!

It doesn't matter what you ride

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm 
unityjon wrote:
Riding through slippery slop is probably the most technical riding to be had in these parts!

I make everything more technical by riding faster... 8-)

Post subject: Re: Winter hack
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:37 pm 
Mattvanders wrote:
I've been debating about building or buying a winter hack but every time I look in to it I think its going to cost a fortune or end up buying a pooper and end up costing in lots in the future :cry:

Then I remembered I have got a ride to work schema at work so can get a new £1000 bike for around £600 spread over a year or so. Unfortunately I have to buy from evans. SSSSSOOOOO what bikes do you recon are worth a look bearing in mind I don't want to spend much more than the magic grand (as won't get any discount on it and would have to pay the extra up front).

Thinking 29er cos of mile mucher in slop rather than tech riding, steel for comfort and would prefer sram gearing as got it all ready on other bike. Did try a road bike but it felt more uncomfortable than going to a Kenny g concert...

So far the genesis latitude is top of the list
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gen ... e-ec043745

How about the Jamis Dragon 29er? It WAS £1860 so if you stick £100 down you'll be saving over £760 !

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/jam ... e-ec041438

Rumblefish Elite 29er
Specialized P1AM

Post subject: Re: Winter hack
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm 
15 or 21 inch frames only, don't fancy riding with my knees or stilts... i'm 5.9" so 16-18"