Forum

Post subject: Any one ever had this much trouble?
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:13 am 
I am coming to the end off my project, I just have have few bits to change and get the wheels built.
I bought a set of the new Hope Tech 3 V4's, the hoses were too long.
So I cut them off and threw them away as I was going to put pink hoses on it any way.
Ordered Jagwire hoses and fitting kit from wiggle, pieced them up when they arrived but the two needles were missing.
Ordered another fitting kit, it came, took the needles out, used them did up the compression fitting tried to fit to lever and caliper.
Didn't fit! They had sent out the wrong fitting kit, and now no longer have the Hope kits in stock.
I managed to find a Hope fitting kit from Amazon, now to replace the pink hoses that I wasted.
I had to order from Acycles in France as I couldn't find any where else online.
Tracked all the way to my door but because no one was in they delivered to my locale Post Office.
No redeliverey attempted, not left with a neighbour and no card left.
It just says on the tracking page left at locale Post Office, no address nothing.
I have been to depot in Enfield were you normally go to pick up undelivered mail and it is not there!
There are about 10 post offices within a 5 mile radius of my house.
I mean wtf, all this time I haven't been able to ride, every sunny weekend that goes by is a gutter!
Yeah I know I am an idiot for cutting the hoses off in the first place, I could have just shortened them to size and bought some new fittings.

--------------------------------------
Pedal faster fatty!

Post subject: Re: Any one ever had this much trouble?
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:52 am 
This is what's stopping me from replacing my hoses with Jagwire gold hoses. I really want to, but I just know I'm going to run into trouble, probably when there's a drought.

I've also had no card and have had to check in at several local post offices, real pain.

Hope you get it sorted soon and upload a piccy.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/restcourt

Post subject: Re: Any one ever had this much trouble?
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:06 am 
If you can get the hoses and fitting kit they are not hard to fit and they do look good and are very good quality.
I have already replaced the gear cables, and I managed to cobble together a front hose from the two fitting kits but it leaked as the olive was out of shape and sightly pitted where I had taken it off and reused it.
Just make sure you have the right bits before you take your old hoses off.

Pedal faster fatty!