Forum

Post subject: Trying to set up a youth project...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 pm 
Hi there.

My name is Chris. My friend and I, Killian are in the process of setting up a new youth project in and around the Hertford area. We are surrounded by green belt round our way, and if you like flying through the woods like we do, then we will be applying for funding through local and national charitable channels so that we can begin a youth project building and maintaining both bicycles and a small area of land used for a dirt track.

If you feel you can offer any useful advice and tips, please feel free to buzz in some replies to this, and keep an eye out for a web page coming soon...

Post subject: Re: Trying to set up a youth project...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:59 pm 
Insurance, permission and sponsorship from local businesses/councils, that said make sure any sponsorship suits you before them. I think its a great idea. :clap: :thumbup:

--------------------------------------
GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:39 pm 
Look at going through uk cycling/British cycling for insurance as they help out on that side if you meet their safety requirements, will give a lot of advice. Also were speaking with the owners of other parks/trail centers ect

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 pm 
Oh insurance is going to be key, but we are preped for the health and safety aspects.... Young pezople + mtb's + dirty pumps n jumps = underwriter having a fit (lol). But yeah, thank you for the info, we will have a look at UK/British cycling. Just throwing all we can at it right now; the idea has legs, and early feedback from council and police is really encouraging so far, just getting it done right is the focus for us at the moment.

If anyone reading this has any knowledge of the kind of places that would be the right kind of size and topographically good for pumps, jumps and downhill, let us know, we can do the research into who owns what etc and attempt to get permission.

Hit us up guys and gals!!!

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:04 pm 
Not sure if Hertford "youf" are in need of any help but

http://imba.org.uk/trailbuilding/mtb-jump-spots/

has some advice