Forum

Post subject: Wanted: Donor Bike (fairly modern but basic spec)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:54 pm 
I'm looking at building up a new frame, but I have a distinct shortage of parts. Looking at spending £400 max on something with reasonable parts on it to get me up and running. To give you an idea, if someone local had something like this, I'd take it in a flash:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1297328/

(I just can't be bothered messing about with postage, couriers, arranging to be in etc etc)

Anyone got anything in the shed they don't ride any more?

Chris

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Donor Bike (fairly modern but basic spec)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 pm 
Getting back on a 456 again then? Shame that PB one isn't closer, it's a good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:42 pm 
Actually going for something a little different, I'll be sorted with a frame after tomorrow but it's everything else I need... There are a few nice 456 builds around for cracking prices, I was thinking of just swapping the frame out rather than slowly building up the parts again!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 am 
Chris, I'm fairly new on here & know the rule about posting up selling ads but I have a fair few bits including a Ti frame which are mostly boxed/new. I was assembling parts to build my dream hardtail (Lynskey 456) but because of back problems I've decided to abort this idea & ride full suss. After splashing out ££££ on the frame I bought mainly SLX parts to keep the cost semi reasonable ("how much?!!?@" was what the missus said) Let me know if you're interested dude.

Post subject: Wanted: Donor Bike (fairly modern but basic spec)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:48 am 
I've a Scott Scale 50 that might work for you. I was looking for £400. It's spotlessly clean, XT Rear, Deore front, SLX push/pull shifters.

It's medium I think.

I bought it a few weeks ago as a second bike but then found another second bike that I preferred...

It's really too nice to break up for parts but if that's your plan and you've a decent frame...

--------------------------------------
Strava Profile: http://goo.gl/iSl5I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 am 
Cheers for getting in touch guys, I may well be interested, Rooboo could I have a list of what you're selling? And Stumpie, any photos or maybe a link to the original ad so I can have a look? And if it makes you feel better, it's not being broken down for parts, all of the parts are simply being lovingly transferred to a new frame :)