Forum

Post subject: Newbie from southend on sea
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm 
Hi All,

I found this website when i was looking for trails in essex. My names Matt im 24 and Im looking for some people to ride with close by. Im currently getting out about 4 times a week and just bought a Specialized Rockhopper. I used to ride alot as a teenager but then switched to playing rugby and riding motorbikes. A motorbike crash and a few rugby injury's later I've decided to sell the motorbike and stop playing rugby. I'm trying to find the best places to ride locally to go on week nights and up for some big rides at the weekends. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Post subject: Re: Newbie from southend on sea
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:24 am 
Hey Matt, welcome.. there's a whole load of people that ride hadleigh, hockley etc on week nights and most go further afield at weekends, Danbury is do-able during the week if you drive for a few hours if you want jumps?

I'm on the damn phone....

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:55 am 
Welcome matt

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 am 
Hey Matt.. Yep, as Jon said.. Loads going on around here. I'm in Westcliff (just by the Hospital) and we typically get out twice a week and there are other local groups who get out on other nights too so loads to do.

We should be heading out on a long Hockley / Ashingdon route (20 mile loop from Hospital) this Wednesday if you're interested.. When you say evenings, do you have a / some powerful light(s)?

We did the same loop yesterday morning too and conditions are looking up :)

Let me know if you wanna pop along with us this Wednesday night, usually meet up about 7ish (or indeed any ride).

Ev

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:51 pm 
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Unityjon-I'm definitely up for some rides round Hockley and Hadleigh. Will be up for going further afield at some point, at the mo i don't have a car but I'm looking to sort that soon. Up for doing some jumps, dunno how my bike will cope and haven't done anything since i was on a bmx about 8 years ago, but up for giving it a try.

SurferEv-I live down Crowstone and work at Chase. Definitely up for doing the Hockley/ Ashingdon route however i do need to purchase some lights first so i might have to leave it until next Wednesday. I've been cycling to the Garrison and Hadleigh on the weekends and weeknights. My legs are slowly adapting to riding again so should be able to keep up. Definitely up for doing the loop and meeting some new people that ride. Please keep me posted with any future rides as will be looking to attend over the upcoming weeks.

Thanks

Matt

Post subject: Newbie from southend on sea
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm 
We should be heading out on Sunday morning too if you fancy joining us?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:35 pm 
Sunday is good with me. Just let me know time and place.