Forum

Post subject: Hey!! new girl from watford....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 pm 
Hello! Always been interested in MTB and need a bit of help as i dont know where to start :/
ive fineally sold my car and got a run around so i can save up for a decent bike as the one i have i had since i was a kid which i won at bingo :thumbup:
Just wondering if theres any good places to go as a begginer and any tips from anyone?
cheers....Heidi

Post subject: Re: hey!! new girl from watford....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
Hi.. Welcome...Lots of places listed here, as a begineer perhaps avoid the ones marked DH and stick to XC ?. Reading bike sites/blogs and mags is a great way of finding out about bikes/equipment and the multitude of different types (XC, Downhill, Trails, Slopstyle, All Mountain !!).

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 pm 
Heya.. depending on where abouts you are; but for me hadleigh has a good mix of beginner trails - all fairly easy without too much in the way of techie stuff, and you can link them in with the seafront cycle path/prittlewell brookway for a bit of flat leg stretching...

The other decent off road areas nearby are danbury and thorndon - theres some more techie stuff here, and some scary stuff in the downhill bit at danbury, but generally, most of the XC rides posted for all of these places will be pretty beginner friendly - most of the nastier bits can always be walked!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 pm 
I second the Hadleigh stuff, can be linked in with various other longer rides..ending in Old Leigh and enjoying a beer on a sunny day (!!) is to be recommended.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm 
Hello..i would love to see a picture of the bingo bike, bet its fab..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm 
Welcome ect, ect. There is a wealth of areas to ridie localy, just got to find it all which is the hard part. A few of the guys on here have done beginers rides before to show newbies the rope

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 pm 
Just realised you put watford in the thread title... makes epping your local haunt i guess! Don't know much about epping - went there once for a ride which had like 50 bikes out... got lost and parked at the wrong carpark - ended up with a load of beardy motorbike types giving me dodgy looks, so went riding by myself in the end, fell off, got stuck, gave up! But, there is good riding there if you aren't me apparently! someone else should be able to offer good advice :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:10 pm 
Broxbourne woods is a nice spot!

--------------------------------------
trees dont move!