Forum

Post subject: North London riders into racing?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:48 pm 
Hi All,

I race XCO, primarily in the MSG series but also other bits and pieces.
It seems that living in North London, I'm kind of in limbo in terms of British Cycling regions - not much difference in getting to Eastern or Southern venues.

Also, the clubs that are represented at the races are generally based outside of London.

I was wondering if there are any like minded North Londoners that race and want to join together (perhaps loosely) to help each other to the podium :)

Thanks,
Kris

Post subject: Re: North London riders into racing?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:08 pm 
Hi Kris, and welcome to the forum.

As far as i know there is no one that races that competive on here, a few have entered mud, sweat and gears (MSG), the brass monkey series and enduro1, but just say it was more of the taking part and finishing than podiums.

There is a wealth or riding surround the M25 though.

Matt

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 am 
Hi Mate,

I ride and race a lot of gravity Enduro's, and the a few DH races. I'm doing most of the UKGE enduros this year, and a few of the Enduro 1 series. Agree with Matt though, I'm not really podium material.

I reckon a few blasts around the surrey hills are your best bet within an hour of London, as there are a few decent climbs (relative to what you get in London), and established trails.

West drayton are a west London club, fairly competitive, I've heard mixed reviews about what the guys are like here, but might be worth checking out.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:11 pm 
Hello Kris, I'm also into xco and marathon racing. Did the whole Merida Brass Monkey series last winter and this year I'm planning a lot of long distance racing mixed with some shorter ones.
Registered already for Erlestoke 12 in May (solo), Bontrager 24twelve (24 hours solo in July) and for the Gorrick Kawasaki 100km. In between I'll tray to participate in some of the Mud, Sweat & Gears and some of the MTB marathon series. This weekend I'm racing the 75km course in Wales.
Bad news I've recently found out that Beastway series have been cancelled for this year (only 10 minutes ride from home).

Not in the podium...yet :p

Javi

--------------------------------------
My sponsor in Spain
http://aplbike.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm 
Thanks guys for the replies.

Just to clarify, I'm not podium level, more middle of the pack, but it's always good to aim high :)

Anyway, I'm more thinking about a group of like minded riders who do go in for competitive events so that we can support and help each other.
And it doesn't have to be limited to one type of event, so mixing up DH, GE, marathon and XC is all good..

Kris