Forum

Post subject: Dh riding
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 pm 
Ok guys me and my other 3 mates have been riding Danbury for the past 4-5 weeks and it seems to be getting abit boaring we aint the bees knees but we can jump and ride lol, anywhere else good to check out we always ride on a sunday been looking at porc ill be ok I think does anyone know what its like ?

cheers guys
steve

Post subject: Re: dh riding
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm 
Check Brad's videos in the gallery to get the feel mate. Its a big step up from Danbury

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:18 pm 
Porc is good but the natural progression is chicksands and can be riden in most weathers..........................thats the way i did it anyway

--------------------------------------
trees dont move!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 pm 
Yep as above, Chicksands next and then Aston hill. PORC is fairly full on IMO, ive been there once and never crashed so much as i did that day. I found riding with concussion to be non advisable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 pm 
Chick sand is next on the distance travel but that's a 2hr drive from me which im hoping to do soon just wanted something closer for this sunday as fancy a change but thanks for the heads up on porc guys appecaite it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 am 
Unfortunately essex is a bit too flat to have any decent downhill so you'll have to get used to travelling i'm afraid.

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 am 
Yeah I don't mind travling, but not at the last minute lol think its going to have to be Danbury this weekend then and give chick sands alook next week

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 am 
Take a spade over Benfleet mx track ;-)
Chicksands is a lot of fun with different stuff to play on

Sent using the force...

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 am 
AIREDFOX wrote:
yeah I don't mind travling, but not at the last minute lol think its going to have to be Danbury this weekend then and give chick sands alook next week

danbury will be a bit sloppy given the rain for the next few days so don't get too carried away

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am 
Theres the Olympic track you can ride if you book one of the training sessions (which I think are still running), and also some other bits around Benfleet/Hadleigh downs but I suspect you know about that.

This site has good list of places and you can always find videos to have a quick look to see if you are upto the standard, having watched Porc vids i doubt i could cope with some of the Porc stuff (I need more big jump/drops practise) but as mentioned Chicksands is good all-rounder, new stuff at Aston looks great..and reasonably long runs.

Then off course lots of stuff in Wales and borders and of course the ultimate resorts of Alps (Morzine/Les Gets) and the Whistler (never been but would appear to be amazing but uber- pricey). Its amazing how much you can learn from a week in Alps for example, riding all day, every day, where runs are 5 - 10 mins as opposed to a few seconds locally.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 am 
kev wrote:
I found riding with concussion to be non advisable.

Word! That outer body experience ain't the sort of flying you wanna be doing :mrgreen:

Butcher | Hanzz | SL3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:03 am 
Kev i reckon if you loved aston you will blast PORC it wasnt as bad as i thought and all very sessionable in sections...i workdd my way back up the hill starting with a small gap then going higher and adding more to the line!
is quite hard to follow people down if you dont keep up as lots of different ways down....imo better than aston by a long way!

trees dont move!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm 
luvinit wrote:
kev i reckon if you loved aston you will blast PORC it wasnt as bad as i thought and all very sessionable in sections...i workdd my way back up the hill starting with a small gap then going higher and adding more to the line!
is quite hard to follow people down if you dont keep up as lots of different ways down....imo better than aston by a long way!

Ive only been there the once, it was around september and before i had the Status,so I was on the Trance, It was a bad day with going too slow off drops and landing on my head, and also flying to far over table tops and landing on my head :crazy:

Now ive improved with my riding im ready to go back but Im gonna make sure i take the right bike this time :lol:

I still think i will prefer Aston Hill though, I just love S2A :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:57 pm 
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Fails-For- ... ml?trk=rss ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:19 pm 
kev wrote:
luvinit wrote:
kev i reckon if you loved aston you will blast PORC it wasnt as bad as i thought and all very sessionable in sections...i workdd my way back up the hill starting with a small gap then going higher and adding more to the line!

Ive only been there the once, it was around september and before i had the Status,so I was on the Trance, It was a bad day with going too slow off drops and landing on my head, and also flying to far over table tops and landing on my head :crazy:

Now ive improved with my riding im ready to go back but Im gonna make sure i take the right bike this time :lol:

I still think i will prefer Aston Hill though, I just love S2A :mrgreen:

3 min push up at porc! im sure you will love it if you go on a dry day as i will at aston in the dry apart from the push up!)

trees dont move!