Forum

Post subject: The Bull Track DH - Round 1 - 12th May
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm 
Yo!

Anyone from here going to this? Been to one before?

I am thinking of taking my Krisis SL hardtail there and hammering the hell out of it and me! haha

Anyone who's been before can they tell me what it's like!?

Cheers,

Matt

--------------------------------------
Identiti 4x Rider
www.identitibikes.com

Post subject: Re: The Bull Track DH - Round 1 - 12th May
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm 
You're going to have to seriously consider getting a bouncy bike soon you know ;) :lol:

Haven't been to one there before, but I was thinking of shooting this one (pending family commitments!). There's a cool video of it last year:

To be honest it looks really smooth and flowy from the bits on the video, I reckon a hardtail would be just the thing!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm 
Hahaaaa I would love a Mogul but there really isn't the terrain around here to justify it!! Even Aston is ok on a hardtail so unless i go to Wales regularly I'll be ok for the moment i think!! hahaa..............although i did test ride a Banshee Spitfire with a dropper post and fell in love!!! those trail bikes are insane fun!!

Yeah i saw the footage and it looks like a HT sprint could be the best thing there as I can use some of that 4x power.....just want to have some fun, try something new and see what happens!! I might suck at it!?!?

I am going to see what the weather does on the day and if its good I'm going! hahaa

Identiti 4x Rider
www.identitibikes.com

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm 
Bull Track is brilliant mate. Real nice atmosphere and loads of nice guys to have a banter with.

I am on the Bull Track race team (blue one industries or oneal kit) and they are all real nice guys. Whisper Bikes has a stool over there too and is a real nice bloke. Go say hello.

Just go over and get stuck in!

Pretty sure some of the faster times are on hardtails if I am honest. Although they have made a lot of changes over there.

I won't be at this weekends race but will be at the rest of them.

J

P.S when I say I am on the race team I don't mean to give you the impression that I am at all talented lol. I am more of a fat bloke that grinds it out lol.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:11 am 
It was a good day! The sun was out (although cold and windy) and the track was ok until you hit the woods where it was a bit of a boggy slop fest to start with!

Pretty happy with my runs. After hooning about Danbury on Saturday, i could have done with a bot more in the tank, so practice was short for me! Did i think 5 or 6 runs from the top to just past the road gap and only 3 from top to bottom. Not the best prep for someone whos never been to the bull track before.

Aim of the day was to be fastest HT rider. It was going to be tough to beat local team rider Jamie Askew but i was up for a challenge.

Ended up 0.28sec off Jamie, which I was pleased with as he rides there a fair bit apparently so to turn up and do that time with no real practice was pleasing.

Ended up 9th(20 riders) in Senior and 14th overall(87 riders). Will definitely have to pop down there again for another race as it was a good laugh!

Here are a couple of pics from the race runs:

Identiti 4x Rider
www.identitibikes.com

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm 
Looking fast Matt - sweet pics. That road gap looks as big as ever

Looks like ur in a few of the frames on this vid