Forum

Post subject: Warley DH & Jumps - Digging & locals
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 pm 
Fairly new to the area but been riding downhill for some time (mostly FOD, Rogate, PORC and Chick). Went to Warley a good few years ago once it was leveled and was hugely underwhelmed. Having given it a second chance and another visit recently it looks like its taking shape again and has vastly improved! As I'm only about 10 mins away it's almost certainly going to be somewhere i'll be spending a fair bit of time at from now on and so this is just a quick message to ask if anyone knows any of the locals around here or has any info on any digging plans as I'm more than keen to muck in and get involved. I met a guy in cwmcrn last year who said he rides here on Sundays almost religiously so if you're on here or anyone knows who I might be talking about please do let me know as his name has completely escaped me :think:

Other than that hello to everyone else, I look forward to bumping into a few of you on here from time to time :high5:

Post subject: Re: Warley DH & Jumps - Digging & locals
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am 
Head down on a sunday and meet people is probably the most direct way.

It's not yet an official area but it is in process.

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm 
I'm actually in exactly the same position as you - like to ride places like CwmCarn, FOD, Rogate etc but stumbled across the Warley jumps not so long ago but don't want to just show up and ride someone else's hard work. More than happy to muck in but don't have free time every weekend... I was wondering if there were any of the builders on here who could give me a heads up of the situation.

Road/Mud/Uphill/Downhill/Airborne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 pm 
Yeah that's the thing, was super pumped when I went I found them but I know there's been countless hours of hard work been put in to get them that way and I'd feel guilty just rocking up and getting down to business on it all without at least meeting some of the locals who have helped shape it. As nwmlarge said, I think it's just going to be a case of making a few regular visits on the weekends and hopefully bumping into those in the know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:11 pm 
Exactly - as an ex trail builder myself and having gone to various spots in the past (a long time ago now to be fair) I know what it feels like to have randoms turn up and start casing your carefully crafted trails! Think it's quite dry up there at the moment so I should imagine the builders will be there most weekends getting it running sweet for the summer. I need to introduce myself too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm 
Never had the opportunity to build or nurture a set of local trails so it's all going to be new to me as I've only ever ridden natural and trail centrse/bike parks. It was bone dry last weekend but then we had a fair amount of rain in the week so not too sure. I'm going to head over that way next Sunday so if you're about be good to meet you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 am 
I'm heading to Chicksands on Saturday which means Sunday is going to have to be spent with the girlfriend sadly. Let me know how you get on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 pm 
Which side of warley are you talking about? Behind the karting track or the other side?

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:09 pm 
Other side... Although I was told the jumps do still exist on the private land (gokarting) side. Probably a bit too DJ'y for me on the downhill bike mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:11 pm 
The side behind the go karting track is in the process of being turned into an official bike park, at the moment no ridding is allowed there at the moment. Other side is open for anyone to ride and dig but try to keep it discreet as its conceal land

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm 
Cheers for the heads up Matt. I've heard mixed rumors about the other side of the gap from "its getting flattened" (today) to its "being turned into a legitimate riding spot". Having never seen it, my curiosity did get the better of me this morning so i decided to have a quick walk over there (sans bike) to see what I was missing out on. Whilst there wasn't a sign of anyone about I was absolutely blown away! Can't believe how many lines there are and how well connected everything is. Was fighting the urge to head back home and grab the bike just to ride the Tonka line for fear it would be no more but I'll try and stay positive about it's future. If that side dies it would be an absolute crying shame....

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:51 pm 
Hi r21, so I have a question how often do you go their? Last week a met a bunch of guys who came with two Land Rovers and they told me that they ride every Saturday and Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm 
Hey MSK.... apologies for the slow reply, haven't logged in for a while. I ride fairly regularly over there but out of action until I get a the new charger damper for my Boxxers as I've obliterated the old ones on 2 occasion now.

What side of the gap were you riding on as I haven't seen any guys in land rovers on the public land side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:01 am 
Worth noting guys there has been some trail sabotage at Warley over the last week or so.

Some holes were dug into jump take off's under the carpet, be careful and walk your lines prior to hitting them.

The last thing you want is to be pinning it for the 25fter and hit a hole!

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:42 pm 
Hi,r21. I ride in the top section and middle (where people hang out).

nwmlarge, I was there last Saturday and saw no one. However I think it could be the guy who cares so much about his bloody road. Not putting the blame on anyone but it's a thing to consider.