Forum

Post subject: North Downs Dorking Peaslake - Saturday the 30th
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 am 
Going to do the N Downs with tranny on Saturday - 10ish start - idea is to meet in Peaslake for some variation but we could also to a Westcott start for some Summer Lightening action. Usually 4-5 hrs worth of riding.

All welcome - Anyone know the Peaslake side at all?

Post subject: Re: North Downs Dorking Peaslake - Saturday the 30th
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 pm 
Yeah - ride ot he top of Holmbury and start with Yogurt Pots into Telegraph Row into trail with log piles that i don't know the name of and then on to Barry knows Best to the bottom. Then take your pick of either going up Pitch hill ot go over to Leith - i donlt know Pitch that well but Leith has loads. Summer Lightning is pretty uninspiring at the moment due to felling of all the trees. Summer Thunder is better but had been covered in felled trees lasdt time we were there a few weeks ago. There are a lot of other trails on Leith that i don't know the names of but are well worth the trek to the Tower and start from there. I'm trying to get a pass for your visit to Surrey as this is my usual hunting ground. I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:37 pm 
Oh yeah, some areas are off limits due to filiming of " Clash of the Titans" but there is a good little jump spot near by that i was at the other day. only two mins from the Plough pub where you would go for Summer Lightning.
Attachments:
File comment: summer thunder
Summer Thunder Air.jpg
Summer Thunder Air.jpg [ 92.53 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:30 pm 
Should be a nice day uif the weather holds!

looking forward to breaking out the xc bike!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 pm 
Jaydeebe thanks for all the info :) I know Leith & Holmbury ok but would love to get to know Pitch & Ranmore better.

Where is summer thunder???? - ive never heard of that before. The plough is in coldharbour right - we had a wicked time exploring that areal last summer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDXlQ2Ng ... r_embedded

If you can get a pass that would be cool - if not im sure we will be back down soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 am 
Summer thunder - you may already know it by another name. It is the more direct down hill version of sumer lightning. when you get to the end of the first section of SL it starts to the left of the official second section of SL next to big tree, small drop over root into small jump over tree stump into or over berm - this also splits into two tracks at this point and joins back together before dropping down the hill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm 
Have you got a pass Jaydebee?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 pm 
I can make it there for about 12. The missus has gone out for a hen doo so wants a lie in! I can try and find you guys then

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:04 pm 
Sweet phaps we will start at peaslake - try and hunt some stuff down on Pitch - meet you back at peaslake at 12 then then head over to the other side with you for some of the classics? Ill have to be gone by about 4?

12 o clock by the peaslake bus stop /shelter / at the bottom of Radnor road? Ive got a silver Nicolai and will have a bright blue helmet. Tom has a rocky mountain ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 pm 
Cool I'll be on a grey scratch air 8 with black remedy full face!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:07 pm 
Sweet,
John, do you have the map location of the car park we use? It's been too long!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 pm 
Sorry can we make it 12:30? the missus needs to go to the shops

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm 
Tom meet me in Westcott and we will convoy from there. See if you can get there for 9.45 - trav sent me a route over in an area ive never been - might be worth doing some trail hunting if you are keen?

jaydeebe - no worries ill Pm you numbers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:32 am 
Ok cool, should be fine for 9.45.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:21 pm 
What a great day out! If you want proper trail riding Surrey hills are the way forward!

Started at a new carpark for me and headed out on Travis' recommended route, it didn't disappoint with 3 fantastic downhills one of which had a chap in pyjamas doing supersonic speeds in the other direction!

Then jumped back in the car to head over to peaslake for a pasty and to meet jaydeebe, back up pitch? Hill and to telegraph row Barry knows best and a loop back up to a new trail back to the carpark,

Karve might have better directions I'me sure but I think that's the gist of it! Had a great day on the xc rig once I was dialled in!