Forum

Post subject: Anyone out there with an Avanti??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:21 pm 
I'm looking to buy my first full suspension bike and have come across Avanti bikes that are being sold at half price at goodbikegear.com. Wondered if anyone out there has one of these or any experience of them?

Post subject: Re: Anyone out there with an Avanti??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:26 am 
Never heard of them, but i must say looking at this http://www.goodbikegear.com/avanti-torrent-1-grey thats a lot of bike for the money.
Plenty of scope to upgrade components as you go but good enough to get you bouncing.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:37 am 
Again never heard of them but that dosent make it a bad bike. i have a copy of the Taiwanese bike book which is effectivly the stock modles that most of the manufacturers over there offer. Its pretty shocking how many bike companys carefully developed and reaserched new frames are tweeked stock frames with a differnt paint job. Like vw said for the money its pretty hard to beat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm 
The price of the bikes do seem very good with the 50% discount. I have had a quick look at some online reviews (Bikerader etc) and they seem to be OK. I may take the plunge as it seems a good first time full suspension to go for. As I progress with my riding I can update accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:12 pm 
Good luck and happy trails

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:23 pm 
Avanti are a well known brand down in Australia and NZ. They make good quality machines with more trail orientated geometry. Well worth a look if it comes well specced.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:01 pm 
Hi Assad319, just came across this post. Just to let you know Goodbikegear.com now have the Avanti Torrent 1 @ £799. We have a number of the Torrents built in our shop and they are cracking bikes. If you are still in the market for one, and want any questions answered, give our shop a call (02890834056). Our mechanic raced a torrent 2 for a season and I ride an old Cannondale Gemeni. The Torrents are really cracking bikes at this money! Cheers, D