Forum

Post subject: Stuck knob
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:32 am 
Yes, I have a stuck knob! No amount of twisting or pulling works, may need extra leverage? :lol:

Picked up my Boardman yesterday (ex display, sold as seen) and trying to set up the forks today has revealed the rebound knob is stuck and won't turn more than 1 click in either direction. Looks like the forks weren't properly protected in the box and someone has dragged the box around grinding the knob down a bit and scratching the bottom of the fork legs too.

I can get a new knob by the looks of it, but would like to know if anyone has ideas to release the one on there. Should it come away? Best way of twisting it to release it?

Forks are Rockshox Revelation RL 130mm with lockout. 27.5" wheel size. I would guess they are the 2014 model as they are on a 2014 bike. This is the bike and forks in question: http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/b ... -650b-2014

Not taking it for a serious ride until I get some helicopter tape and a chainstay protector, so I'm not in a huge rush to fix the knob as I want to do it properly.

EDIT: Update, it does turn, but is just very very stiff, forcing it has aggravated an old thumb injury. Is it possible to just get it looser to turn without it then adjusting itself in future? Was easier to turn it towards the slow end than fast.

Post subject: Re: Stuck knob
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:04 pm 
Take it to Nick at pedal-worx (look on FB or just on the web) and I'm sure he will be able to help

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

Post subject: Re: Stuck knob
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:36 am 
If it's on top of the forks, support the front of the bike and remove the top cap using a suitable socket, then have a look on the bench as to why it is stuck.

IF it is on the bottom then take it to Pedalworx.

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/