Forum

Post subject: Protection advice please
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:49 am 
Hi all,

Very new to MTB and apart from the obvious helmet, what other protection do you guys where on local rides like broxbourne woods/epping they will be my main places to go, do you wear knee pads/elbow or will it just look out of place? Can't really have time of work due to damaged limbs.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Post subject: Re: Protection advice please
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 am 
Welcome dude. I always wear knee pads these days and I think a lot of others do too. Modern stuff is very comfortable if you go for the more lightweight trail orientated gear. I dont think any more is needed but it is personal preference.

The best tip is to spend money on some skills training after you've gotten into it a bit.. You deffo crash less with the right technique!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:54 am 
Thanks for the reply, I ordered the fox launch pro knee gaurds, is this too excessive for epping/broxbourne? Or maybe should have gone for more thinner ones without the plastic knee cups,

What type does everyone else wear don't fancy being the only one with this type down there..

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:38 am 
I have big bulky ixs knee pads for proper downhill,so when I go to fod and bpw etc and want to get some skinny pads like the fox launch enduro for every day use and to fit under trousers aswell on the cold days because my ixs pads are humongous

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:45 pm 
Peach will be along shorty to demonstrate the benefits ( in glorious technicolor ) of wearing knee pads whilst mucking about over the woods

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:58 pm 
I always wear my knee pads regardless if it's a local xc ride to Wales weekend, most of my offs are always slow speed cock up instead of high speed crashes. A decent pair (£50ish plus) are well worth it over a cheap set, they will be more comfortable or more likely to wear them all the time

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dain ... prod118469

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:51 am 
Cheers guys, well I've ordered fox launch pro ones, hopefully they will do the job also look ok too

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm 
Stortfordnsrider wrote:
I have big bulky ixs knee pads for proper downhill,so when I go to fod and bpw etc and want to get some skinny pads like the fox launch enduro for every day use and to fit under trousers aswell on the cold days because my ixs pads are humongous

Quick hijack, @Stortfordnsrider which IXS pads do you have .??

--------------------------------------
Stay on target...!!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm 
The bearclaw signature pads from,well a while ago.they are a few years old but have held up really well.