Forum

Post subject: New bike
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am 
Hi all,

In the market for a new bike but a bit undecided what to get.
Firstly I live in broxbourne so local riding will be in the woods there. My riding is ok, I get over most things, sometimes with luck more than judgement so the bike sometimes takes a few hits! I do a few trips every months to bike parks with more aggressive riding, and plan to go over to wales/Peak District/Scotland etc a few times a year. I like to ride back up to the top where possible, but really enjoy coming back down, without having to ride around most things! ????

Now, the bike part, I’m looking at a few and am a bit undecided. The LBS stocks giant, and I like the look of the trance, I’m just not sure if it is built to go over 6 feet drops and small-medium jumps, say up to 10/15 feet gaps.
The other option is the reign, but I don’t know if it’ll be too much bike for my local riding, I’d still like a bike I can take on the odd XC ride every now and again. I was also looking at a Nukeproof mega, but again don’t know if I’ll be overbiked. I’d prefer to stick with the lbs rather than buy blindly online, but am open to suggestions.

Ideally I’d buy more than one bike for the different riding I do, but I have mrs so will say no more! ???? I suppose I’m looking for the one bike I can do everything on, from the Xc rides to the weekend trips to bike parks in Wales.

Thanks for any advice, and any experience anyone can share with these bikes.

Post subject: Re: New bike
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm 
OK I agree with your thoughts on the Giants the trance will be more than enough bike most of the time.
Trek do some good bikes similar to the Giant but the Nukeproof is a bit better value.

I personally use a Mondraker Foxy XR for everything with 160-140 travel, It pedals like an XC whippet and handles the park days and big days on the mountain better than any bike i've had before.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 pm 
Thanks mate. I’m in no rush so will check out the treks and other bikes. I’ve riden the trance and the ride feels good for me, have no concerns it could ride all day and pedals well enough for what I do. If I could be sure it’ll be enough bike for the drops and jumps and the weekend trips to wales etc I’d get it. I hate to have to ride round things because the bikes holding me back though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:17 pm 
It wont hold you back, just try as many as possible as some fit better and feel different to your own personal style of riding.

If you've only tried the one, that will feel the best. ;)

Theres a demo day at Hadliegh soon, seek out as many as possible.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg