Forum

Post subject: Every day things that give you the hump
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:35 pm 
Ok ill start

packaging on goods that you have to A attack with a grinder to remove or B that self destructs in to a million pieces resulting in the contents of the package flying out every were..

Shops such as Maplins that insist on taking your full name and address and typing it into a data bass just because you popped in and spent 3 quid on a pack of cable ties..

:mrgreen:

--------------------------------------
I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..

Post subject: Re: every day things that give you the hump
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:54 pm 
1, People that used to drive in lane 2 at 65 mph on the M25 who now drive in lane 3 !!!!
2, ROADIES that look down their noses at you ( until you get on their wheel and they have trouble shaking you off, you know who you are! and i'll tell you this for nothing your NO Mark Cavendish)
3. Twats at trail centres that think they own the place!

Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:33 pm 
Haha.. no. 3 was funny at Afan wasn't it :)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:34 pm 
shouldgetoutmore wrote:
3. Twats at trail centres that think they own the place!

Tell us more! Weren't welsh were they?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 pm 
Well.....

Loads of the way up White's level climb we came to what seemed a junction with the signs missing off the marker post. We stopped, off the edge of the trail, to try to figure which way to go.

One guy comes along... As he's passing I ask if straight ahead is the way but he doesn't even acknowledge us.

Next thing we hear from behind is "Get out of the way lads"... "Get out of the way"
As he's passing I ask this tosser if he actually meant to say "Excuse me please" to which he shouts back "No, I meant get out of the F*cking Way"

Anyway, he fecks off and we jump straight on the trail, then realising his mate was behind us now. We carry on at a descent (buy ours anyway) pace.
Come to a steep switchback and I nearly fall off so put a foot down and he nearly runs into me.. I politely pull bike out of way and tell him to go through, he acknowledges and I tell him he has a lot manners than his pri*k of a mate and he apologises.

Seems he then caught up with Clay who let him through also, further letting him know his mate is a knob :)

We get to the top and they're there and our leader who was there before them heard them going on about us but didn't realise it was us they were referring to ;)

Needless to say, when we arrived, they had absolutely nothing whatsoever to say on the matter ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Lots of thing piss me off, but lately the main things are :
work
being sick
not having my car on the road so have to walk to work

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 pm 
Drivers who have no concept of whats going on around them, move into a different lane and then indicate that they are going to do so.

drivers that do not understand that you go around roundabouts when they have other cars on them and not just cut across one lane to another to go straight over just to save 0.25seconds,

drivers that get in the left hand lane at a roundabout and then blindly drive all the way round the outside to take the right hand exit totally oblivious to the cars in the correct lane they cut up in doing so.

Drivers that arrive at a junction or roundabout and then dont indicate where they are going then get all arsey because they suddenly decide to go where you have just pulled out of.

............i need alcohol!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 pm 
1. Stupid bloody software made by monkeys in Canada sent over to me to then work out how to install it, configure it and train on it.

2. Instruction manuals written by a 3 year old referencing nothing in item 1 above but is meant for it.

3. Other people trying to say what to do who have no idea what they are on about

4. Lorry drivers going faster through the big flooded road puddle your half way through, resulting in entirely engulfing your car the two behind you almost causing an accident....

Yep had a shit week, I'm calming down now though.........

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 pm 
Lorries that try to overtake another lorry going up hill on a 2 lane carriage way making the cars behind them slow down drastically causing tale backs just because the first lorry is doing about 2 mph less than the overtaking lorry. WTF is up with that?

www.gw-designs.co.uk/home

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 pm 
Walking past my "other" car virtually every day, and coming up with excuses why not to put it back on the road... Then, come the weekend, regretting the fact I still haven't got it back on the road, because I'm either to lazy or to preoccupied with other s**t to get it done and out!!

Nothing like "man in the mirror" rant to kick off a weekend, lol.

SPS Santa Cruz V10c / Lapierre Spicy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:07 pm 
Leaving the car thing alone (too many things)

Clingfilm. i bloody hate the stuff

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:55 pm 
Coming back from a ride and central heating is on 22. 22 FFS then at moaned at for opening a window.

"I can feel a draft" :roll:
Did know I lived in an old peoples home.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:03 pm 
Lol

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm 
Greg wrote:
Lorries that try to overtake another lorry going up hill on a 2 lane carriage way making the cars behind them slow down drastically causing tale backs just because the first lorry is doing about 2 mph less than the overtaking lorry. WTF is up with that?

Greg, I'm a lorry driver. We don't mean to create a big queue of traffic behind us. I HATE doing what you say but remember, we're pulling a lot of weight, our engines are built for economy, not power, and also we can only do 56mph TOPS!! Also, when we do get back in the nearside lane, you'll be past us in a few seconds at 80mph!

Come on. Be patient. We're only trying to earn a wage!

;)

Rumblefish Elite 29er
Specialized P1AM

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:34 pm 
Hi Nellon. 80 mph, I don't break the speed limit...honest guv lol. It doesn't happen often as i don't do much motorway driving and usually it's on the A 303 on my way to and from Devon but can you tell me why lorry drivers do it as it seems they are doing very little difference in speed? It is annoying as I don't know why they do it but not as annoying as caravans in the summer holidays lol. ;) I'll probably get an ear full from caravaners now lol.

The one thing that bugs me about cycling is when parents are out with kids on their bikes and they don't wear helmets while the kids do.

www.gw-designs.co.uk/home