Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: every day things that give you the hump
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm 
Greg wrote:
The one thing that bugs me about cycling is when parents are out with kids on their bikes and they don't wear helmets while the kids do.

That bugs me too. Not a very good example to set.
Other cyclists who ignore the highway code when cycling on the road, particularly riding through red lights our using the pavement to ride around red lights, gives the considerate cyclists a bad name.

Walkers who complain when you politely say 'excuse me' when you wish to pass an shout 'get a bell'. I tried this once and got shouted at for ringing the bell as it made them jump. May try an air horn next time!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 pm 
Dog walkers who take time to bag up dog sh!t only then to throw into a tree or bush.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm 
I see that often over Belhus and Thorndon.The worst ones are actually tied to trees at head height, I just don't get the mentality, at least it's not left on the track to ride or walk into.

--------------------------------------
www.gw-designs.co.uk/home

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:15 am 
Greg wrote:
Hi Nellon. 80 mph, I don't break the speed limit...honest guv lol. It doesn't happen often as i don't do much motorway driving and usually it's on the A 303 on my way to and from Devon but can you tell me why lorry drivers do it as it seems they are doing very little difference in speed? It is annoying as I don't know why they do it but not as annoying as caravans in the summer holidays lol. ;) I'll probably get an ear full from caravaners now lol.

The one thing that bugs me about cycling is when parents are out with kids on their bikes and they don't wear helmets while the kids do.

Hi Greg. The good ol' A303/A30, eh? Been down there many times and know what you mean!

The engines are governed by law to 56mph, but each make of lorry is different and is governed to what the manufacturer THINKS is 56mph. So one lorry could be on the limit and be doing 56mph while the other one is on the limit but be doing 55.5mph.

But if a lorry driver is doing 56mph on the A303/A30, he's sort of doing you a favor. The speed limit for an HGV on them roads is 50mph.

Personally, i do 56 on them roads in a lorry, and if i was in my car, i'll be doing 80!

It's crap driving that i don't like, as said before, driving in the middle and outside lane. GRRRR!!!

Rob

:D

Rumblefish Elite 29er
Specialized P1AM

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:52 pm 
People who talk on their phones whilst driving, but what really gets my goat is people who hold the phone away from their face with their phone on speakerphone thinking that because its not against their ear its ok! Its still in your hand and against the law nobber!
while were on the subject,
People who don't indicate
People who don't know what lane to use on a roundabout / motorway etc
People who use their foglights and call them driving lights.
People who don't put their fog lights on at the back but they use the front ones when its foggy.
People who drive grey /silver / black cars and don't use their lights when its getting dark or foggy.

Last but not least BMWs usually because they tick all of the above but also they think they have the beat car in the world.

As you can tell I spend a lot of time on the roads. When ever there's an accident on the m25, almost always there's a BMW involved either in the back of another car because he was tailgating or driven into because he didn't indicate while he was on the phone.

[/rant] and breath .......... Ah

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:47 pm 
Audi drivers (apologies if there are any on here) pretty much the same reasons as VW above.

Post subject: Every day things that give you the hump
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm 
People sitting on a packed train and put their bags on a spare seat next to them..
When sat at a traffic light junction and two lanes going into one.. Why can't some people just acknowledge that racing ahead to get into the nats whisker of a space you've just occupied.. Ain't gonna happen.. (fecking muppets) oh and as said above we already know the make of cars...

Another one, I live down a narrow country lane, so the impossible drivers who speed down these roads and try and squeeze past ain't gonna happen... 60mph down these lanes is suicide, blind bends and high hedge rows...
I still have the scar on my car from idiot tractor driver ( oh and add incompetent insurance companies as well)

Nice to let off steam here.... :-) :-)

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:55 pm 
Another thing (away from cars)
Management who don't listen to the workers who actually know what the job entails. :roll:

people who don't pick after themselves

Scummers who believe the state should pay for them to be bums!

Mums who lunch.

ignorance

God I could go on all day! :lol:

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 pm 
People who put their feet up on train seat! Don't understand on return journey probably are sitting were their feet were

People who say you must get Facebook account everyone has one. Why must I! Fu(k off

People who don't say thank you.

Stupid princess in my spin class.
Your not special and you should eat some food.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 pm 
Fake tanners
Sun bedders
Duck pouts
Towie
stupid tourists taking pictures of said TOWIE landmarks
people turning up in limos to go to^^^^ places
copy cat wannabes
people who wear too much make-up, perfume, aftershave!

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:20 pm 
^^^^ hahahahaah living in Essex Ian and where you do.. must be really hard not to notice that lot...

I passed some Cuprinol Girls :oops: :oops: yesterday and just started laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:, they looked freshly dipped..

Dog owners who have those stupid retractable leads and don't move their mutt out the way...

People who when you ride up behind them and say "passing on your left" then bloody move that way, JESUS.......

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:54 am 
Chavs that just spit on the floor while walking down the street.

People that chuck there rubbish out the car window

I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 am 
People that live on the top floor flat, ordering shit loads of water, USE THE TAP YOU TWAT
people driving on the phone
people that dont indicate
people that drive to school when they only live less then 500 yards away
rampant kids that have no control and the parents that let them get away with murder
i could go on forever, i am not really a people person :(

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:11 pm 
Living in this shit hole country and everything about this shite country

And the other real big issue i have is people who dont give a shit about other road users i.e dont indicate or thank you for pulling in so they can pass uncourteous bastards

Arrogance.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 pm 
VW-surfbum wrote:
People who talk on their phones whilst driving, but what really gets my goat is people who hold the phone away from their face with their phone on speakerphone thinking that because its not against their ear its ok! Its still in your hand and against the law nobber!
while were on the subject,
People who don't indicate
People who don't know what lane to use on a roundabout / motorway etc
People who use their foglights and call them driving lights.
People who don't put their fog lights on at the back but they use the front ones when its foggy.
People who drive grey /silver / black cars and don't use their lights when its getting dark or foggy.

Last but not least BMWs usually because they tick all of the above but also they think they have the beat car in the world.

As you can tell I spend a lot of time on the roads. When ever there's an accident on the m25, almost always there's a BMW involved either in the back of another car because he was tailgating or driven into because he didn't indicate while he was on the phone.

[/rant] and breath .......... Ah

All of the above too

And dont forget the twats who put their fog lights on even if there is still half a mile of visibility and the twats who dont turn em off! Dont these twats ever look at their dash and see the symble illuminated? Or do they even know what it means?

If i'm on a duel carrageway or motor way and someone has their fog lights on when its not foggy i get in front of them and flick mine on to tell them they have theirs on, but most of the time they are too thick to understand what im doing and slow down thinking its my fooking brakes, thick bastards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next