Post subject: Re: On the mend.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm 
You learn fast grasshopper!

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 am 

Last edited by MuZzA on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 am 
MuZzA wrote:
QUOTE : I personally think a good way to look at them is to analyse and try to think about erything that went wrong,

AWNSER : My arse went over my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

TO FIX : Keep my center of gravity more over the back wheel and pull the front up harder :roll: :roll:

tankyou master yoda ;)

MuZzA :high5:

tbh thats wrong and will end up with you coming down in a wheelie and losing it on the landing

compress into the base of the slope and extend around 1ft from the lip tucking the bike under you with feet and hands.
spot your landing and look forward to where you will run off to

Bike pics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am 

Last edited by MuZzA on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 am 
MuZzA wrote:
nwmlarge wrote:
MuZzA wrote:
QUOTE : I personally think a good way to look at them is to analyse and try to think about erything that went wrong,

AWNSER : My arse went over my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

TO FIX : Keep my center of gravity more over the back wheel and pull the front up harder :roll: :roll:

tankyou master yoda ;)

tbh thats wrong and will end up with you coming down in a wheelie and losing it on the landing

compress into the base of the slope and extend around 1ft from the lip tucking the bike under you with feet and hands.
spot your landing and look forward to where you will run off to

That advice has already been explained to me by festa & dazer & was put into practice at PORC. Obviously im not going to pull the bike up over my face wheelie it. I Mearly mean that if the face of the jump is STEEP, then more of an effort is required to stop your rear end smacking you in the head an overtaking you. Although i might not have been on a bike for some while, im not bike retarded. I also skated vert for around 9 yrs so i have some what of an understading of whats required. Again, the dirt jumps in the quary at porc had a very steep incline BUT i could see this and could react, at danbury i did not so i couldnt. therefor a FLUKE that i came off on something no higher than my hip.

ps. if im getting it so badly wrong, then surley my logic would of had me in complete body plaster by now?!?

woosah, have a coffee and chill out bro

if you don't like the advice pay it no heed.

Bike pics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 am 
And what was thge reason you coudlnt see it? speed? reading the trail ahead is where experience comes in, noone is saying your bike retarded, were just trying to help and nobody wants to see you have another accident, theres more to analysing a crash then "your arse went over your head"

When I came off badly i Slowed my pace down and focused on control rather then hitting the jumps and going fast and it increased my riding ability and confidence and Im still going slightly slower because its easier to learn things going that bit slower, I still dont even attempt to clear the table at bottom, I try to focus on technique because I know its not as good as it needs to be, at the same time I can easily clear it when I hit it with more speed, but then I start to feel out of control :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 am 

Last edited by MuZzA on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 am 
MuZzA wrote:
The reason i came off is that my body position was to far fwd,

Wrong! nwm is right. You crash when you do two things wrong. You werent looking ahead and you didnt pump.

Get a skills lesson before you hurt yourself. :)

661 wrist support is good, but its only a support not a cast so make sure its healed before you hit the jumps again.

Healing vibes :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 am 

Last edited by MuZzA on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:00 am 
POST ENDED AS ITS GETTING FAR TO SILLY.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:03 am 
People are just trying to help you, thats the great thing about this forum. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 am 
There's helping. and theres being condescending. Im 31 not 14.
I know my own mistakes and how i made them. Its not rocket science. and i dont need people who wernt there !! telling me how i did it!!!
YES i agree this is a great forum & i have met some awesome people. BUT what i DONT like " and i will make myself clear" is people who were not even in 5 miles reach of the place trying to tell me what happend. IF you were there then YES you can make a valid point if not then your just guessing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 am 
MuZzA wrote:
there's helping. and theres being condescending. Im 31 not 14.
I know my own mistakes and how i made them. Its not rocket science. and i dont need people who wernt there !! telling me how i did it!!!
YES i agree this is a great forum & i have met some awesome people. BUT what i DONT like " and i will make myself clear" is people who were not even in 5 miles reach of the place trying to tell me what happend. IF you were there then YES you can make a valid point if not then your just guessing.

Everyone offering advise (now sure about Kellboy) in this thread has had skills training in jumping. There is a 'eureka' moment when you learn how to jump and realise how simple it is. We've also been taught to self-diagnose our riding techniques and to work out what went wrong.

Its easy to work out what went wrong with you because you didn't execute the jumping technique because you didn't see it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 am 
Apologies to those who may have taken me the wrong way.
But im not having people who didnt even see it happen let alone being in the same wood.
Tell me what i did wrong. Its quite impossible.
and as for getting a skills lesson YEAH im well up for that. but can i suggest a humility lesson for you :)

This years new years resolution was to speak my mind and get it out. ( otherwise i'll blow up ) it cant be to everyones taste , but i refuse to carry it around with me. You can blame the army for this :thumbup:

Last edited by MuZzA on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.