Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Arse...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 pm 
Well, had physio assessment today :)

I've been given 3 exercises to do over the next week, 3 times a day and return for next steps next week.

Apparently I have a good chance of getting back 100% strength and motion :)
Should be 6-8 weeks until I'm using my arm/shoulder and more than likely 8-12 until I'm confidently hacking it on the Mtb.

Will just always have the lump (protruding collarbone) as ligaments don't shrink back to original length.

Post subject: Re: arse...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm 
Hopefully u get back all fit , i had bad motox accident years ago broke collarbone pushed all muscle tissue about had hunch over shoulderblade for quite a while did pysio exercises swimming is good when feel comfortable enough didnt ride motox for about a year then was fit enough to race again ! Hang tough dude u b back riding in no time

--------------------------------------
Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 am 
Hi,
Feeling sorry for you just had 3 months off not riding bikes.
Broken collar bone two places at the Mega ( Did Not Start) . Done on the Wed before the Races.
Still suggest you watch the videos- IMBIKEMAG -Richard Kelly -Surrey Hills .
Interesting also shows a few good trails in the area.
Plenty of Mags if you need some reading material while recovering.
I go to west cliffe visiting friends not to much inconvence to drop off.
Wish you a speedy recovery and lesson learnt.
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm 
Cheers Bob.. I've got loads of reading material stacked up and plenty of work to keep me going :)

Just back from next physio appointment..

So... Good news - Motion recovering nicely and moved on to 1st set of strength building exercises now for the next week. And can drive now too s long I feel comfortable doing so :-)
Interesting news - Need an MRI scan on my knee... I persuaded the physio to look at my knee as I knew something wasn't right (and had only been referred for shoulder) so he took a look today and thinks I've done a grade II on my lateral collateral ligament and possible cartilage damage.. Thinks and hopes Cruciate ligament OK but MRI will show the extent of the damage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am 
SurferEv wrote:
Interesting news - Need an MRI scan on my knee... I persuaded the physio to look at my knee as I knew something wasn't right (and had only been referred for shoulder) so he took a look today and thinks I've done a grade II on my lateral collateral ligament and possible cartilage damage.. Thinks and hopes Cruciate ligament OK but MRI will show the extent of the damage.

Out of the frying \pan and into the fire?!?

Hope the MRI is good news when you have it. ;)

Rumblefish Elite 29er
Specialized P1AM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 am 
Cheers.

Appointment back at fracture clinic to original consultant next Friday so hopefully they move things along.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 am 
So, discharged from shoulder Physio this morning. Granted, was given a bunch of strength exercises to do over the next couple of months, but it seems a bit soon to not be seen / assessed until I see the consultant for follow-up in April.

And I see the consultant later this morning for knee examination so fingers crossed.. Especially as the physio guy said I should start some gentle 10-15 minute rides to start exercising shoulder in real-world use but this now obviously needs to wait to see how that's prohibited by the knee :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 pm 
Good news, and dont knock the early discharge, its also based on how well you have managed to do what they have told ou to so far, iff oyu hadn't bothered with the excercises and made the progress you had then they wouldnt have set you free....

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
:)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:22 pm 
So.. Saw knee consultant this morning for results of MRI and it's a ruptured Collateral Medial ligament :(

Straight from him to the physio and had full assessment. I've been given a few range-of-motion exercises to start with so I can get full extension (currently missing a bit of that) and work on stretching towards being able to bend leg backwards past current limit of about 100 degrees. Knee-cap is also experiencing restricted motion so working on helping that too.
Hinged brace ordered in for me so will have that next week but it's more for support precaution than necessity.
Depending on my recovery rate, could be as early as 2 months or as long as 6... I'm obviously aiming for the earlier but without compromising the recovery along the way by pushing too hard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:24 pm 

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm 
:lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 pm 
:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am 
Really... what a PITA cant you just cycle on it and get it moving ? not struggle up hills and shit just ride about and if it aches, stop ?

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55 am 
Not yet.. Completely ruptured the ligament so need to be careful for a bit. The hinged brace should be here early this week and I need to wear it to prevent my lower leg moving the wrong way and aggravating the existing damage.

As for riding.. well, when I get the range-of-motion increased I could in theory use a stationery bike (or turbo) to help get things moving, but I'm supposed to stretch it carefully and small bit at a time. It really hurts when bent..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next