Forum

Post subject: 2014 Nukeproof Mega AM 27.5 £1895
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:25 pm 
Nukeproof Mega AM 27.5

Great bike, that I bought from new, from Bike Active in Harlow around this time last year. The Mega AM is an amazing bike, being able to tackle long distance rides, and also be used as a mnin DH bike - perfect for the UK and alpine riding. The amout of these used by guides in the alps, still going strong, shows how versatile and long lasting these bikes are.

In terms of upgrades;

- The bike has a set of 2015 RS Pikes, a warranty replacement due to the bond between the steerer and the crown, a common occurence on the 2014 Pikes.
- The bike has a new RS dropper, as a warranty replacement, so this is only 4 months old.
- Brand new Praxis wide range 10spd cassette, only 2 rides old
- New 10spd Sram X9 type 2.1 rear mech was fitted, as well as a new chain, at the same time
- Renthal Kevlar Grips
- Schwalbe Magic Mary and Hans Dampf (These are worn tyres, also have the original High Rollers, again, worn).

- Also, I can include a few spares, such as the rock shox monarch bushing replacement tool, with a few spare bushings. These need changing every 6-12 months, depending on use. A super easy job. Having the tool saves you a £100 job every 6 months, the tool and bushings are worth £50 alone, from BETD.
- When the Pikes were replaced, I kept a lot of the spares, such as fork top cap, extra air spacers, maxle. So can provide these.
- Plenty of spare and part worn brake pads

The bike has been used, so there are the usual marks, but it's in great condition. I worked as a bike mechanic for 4 years in North Wales, so the bike has been kept fully clean and serviced, with regular shock, fork and bearing services. The wheels have had two bearing changes carried out by Soho Bikes, as well as several brake bleeds, done by myself, and the shop.

All the remaining spec is standard. I can swap the bars for Renthal FatBars, so it's a choice between these and the original Nukeproof bars, I've ridden with both and prefer the originals.

The bike is currently in Hammersmith, London. I can meet within a reasonable distance, and am also able to deliver, for a fee.