Forum

Post subject: Looking for a hardtail MTB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 pm 
Hey!

I am looking to get back on a bike after a serious injury prevented me frm riding - 2 years later and I think I am ready! So I am looking for a hardtail MTB to get my going, preferably a medium/large frame (18-19.5"), being 6ft 2in. Will consider both 26" and 27.5" (650b) wheels.

Let me know what's available!

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Looking for a hardtail MTB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm 
I have a large Santa Cruz Chameleon I'm vaguely thinking about selling as it's not getting much use these days.
It's a 2010 26er frame, but was resprayed (powdercoated) metallic grey in 2015 with new stickers, and it's running Shimano XT/Zee 1x10 gears and has a 2016 Rockshox Sektor fork and 125mm Reverb dropper post. Wheels are Stans Flows on Hope Pro 2 hubs, with tubeless 2016 Schwalbe Nobby Nic tyres. Brakes are Hayes Strokers and it has a 50mm Easton Haven stem and 720mm Haven carbon bars. Weighs about 27lbs with gears, or 25lbs in singlespeed mode with the gears removed.
I'm 5'11" and it fits me perfectly, but the seat could easily go higher, and I could put an 80mm Easton EA90 stem on if you wanted.
Not sure about price at the moment, but probably looking for around £600-700? Not really sure how much it's worth!
Anyway, PM me with an email address if you might be interested and I'll send you some pics...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:57 pm 
I would say at 6.2" you should be on a large or extra large depending on brand and type of bike (hell i'm only 5.9" and on a large to get the fit I am after). What sort of rideing are you going to do (xc, trail, all mountain/enduro ect)?

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 pm 
Ive done heaps of research for roughly the same situation.

Assuming you want to do some downhilly type stuff, dirt jumping and be able to still have a sensible pedal around youre most likely looking at the nukeproof scout or orange crush. The scout is a bit cheaper generally. They both have the usual differing spec levels.

Personally i would go with the scout as its longer (im 6ft3).

If youre looking for xc or general trail riding i have no advice.