Forum

Post subject: Re: Ever thought of giving it up?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:31 am 
steve83 wrote:
Cheers Tony,

Just a quick question regarding your op, its been a week and half since my op, but i am in still quite a bit of pain, was this the same for? Glad to hear you're healing up well.

Your missus disapproves scars he he, should see how many i have got now!!

Yeah mate i was still on painkillers for nearly three weeks after the op. Make sure you keep it in a sling and not sure what painkillers your taking but i found that codeine worked when it really hurt and co-dydramol was better for the dull aches. See what your doc advises but that worked well for me.

Also i was told by a few people that fresh pineapple does wonders for broken bones and ligament damage. I was skeptical at first but i like pineapple so was pretty much eating one a day!

Some info about the pineapple benefits here

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48171 ... and-bones/

Post subject: Re: Ever thought of giving it up?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am 
Tony200 wrote:
steve83 wrote:
Cheers Tony,

Just a quick question regarding your op, its been a week and half since my op, but i am in still quite a bit of pain, was this the same for? Glad to hear you're healing up well.

Your missus disapproves scars he he, should see how many i have got now!!

Yeah mate i was still on painkillers for nearly three weeks after the op. Make sure you keep it in a sling and not sure what painkillers your taking but i found that codeine worked when it really hurt and co-dydramol was better for the dull aches. See what your doc advises but that worked well for me.

Also i was told by a few people that fresh pineapple does wonders for broken bones and ligament damage. I was skeptical at first but i like pineapple so was pretty much eating one a day!

Some info about the pineapple benefits here

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48171 ... and-bones/

Yeah, 6 weeks of arm in sling for me. I was given codeine and paracetamol, but i have weened myself off the codeine now though. A few more weeks of pain to endure then.

Thanks for the information regarding pineapples, will definitely give that a go, as i like pineapples too.

Will see how it goes.