Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 pm 
Now the racing is going on Saturday/Sunday... here's a few pictures I took whilst having a tour of the track early on this year... as above I would suggest being near the rock garden as your see most bits of the track and possible the pits area as well... look over towards the big hill and grand stand area...

From the FB page of Hadleigh MTB Club... lots of team riders cruising around the area now warming up and sampling the Essex drivers on the roads... all sorts of tents and team places springing up...

Just spare a thought for us mortals who will have to watch it on the telly :cry: :cry: :cry: but at least my drink will be cheaper and the food :lol: :lol: :lol:

Linky << here >>

All the barriers will be removed during racing... no ones that good at bunny hopping :shock: :shock:

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:33 pm 
Ha..oh yes..the barriers that appeared to stop people riding it, luckily they were a newish addition and the original track (now slightly changed) was in place for quite a while before they appeared :).

Nice pix, bits that I dont recongnise and will be good if they are left and even better if some sort of reasonable DH-ish run can be put together.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm 
Cheers for the heads up guys and great photos, will certainly do our best to get the good vantage points :)

Doing well Andy thanks, not been out on bike since back but the spesh is rebuilt after fork/ shock service thou so looking to get out but looking for an elusive few days of decent weather and decent trails lol! Hope things good with you too and have fun back in Morzine dude.

Btw is it a decent/ level ish walk to the venue from Leigh station or best to get the shuttle?

Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:31 pm 
Google say :thumbup:

2.0 mi, 43 mins walk London Rd/A13
http://goo.gl/maps/4iahv

2.5 mi, 52 mins Hadleigh Rd and London
http://goo.gl/maps/gdafo

I would walk along the cliffs but maybe have to get round fencing. Have to see on the day how long Qs are to get on a shuttle.

I did think it ended on the 18th :roll: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 pm 
Hi. Yeah nor me...

Bought new Superstar wheels, my saint/mavic ones felt fine in Morzine but having taken them off my bike they feel rather shagged, flogged em on ebay as needing TLC !

Forks are in bits too you wont be surprised to hear, bought some Rock Shox Domains cheap to go on as stop gap but aim to rebuild the Marzocchi's, softer spring, hopefully with no leaks !

The track from Leigh to XC Track has been leveled out and even stone/gravel put on some bits so its very walkable and flat, although I'd recommend turning off at the first sty you get to and walk up and through Hadleigh Castle (assuming they let you !).

Whatever way you go there will be a bit of a slope at the end (except on shuttle bus), but nice walk if the weathers good.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm 
Laser wrote:
Google say :thumbup:

2.0 mi, 43 mins walk London Rd/A13
http://goo.gl/maps/4iahv

2.5 mi, 52 mins Hadleigh Rd and London
http://goo.gl/maps/gdafo

I would walk along the cliffs but maybe have to get round fencing. Have to see on the day how long Qs are to get on a shuttle.

I did think it ended on the 18th :roll: :oops:

Naahhh..you dont want to follow either of those routes, it will involve lots of walking up and then down, the 'official' route is down Belton Way and then Castle Drive this then leads to the new path which goes more or less straight to the track.

Here is my Sports Tracker GPS > http://www-fb.sports-tracker.com/u/andy ... 0t3i9fsavo this is the way I'd go (although they may not let you do the up and over through the Castle and may make you walk along the bottom of the field instead), either way youll end up in Castle Lane where the main entrance is.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:09 am 
Cheers boys, really appreciated.

Good luck with the fork rebuild Andy, thought you might be working on it a bit! hope you get it all running well for Morzine dude.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:59 am 
No worries..I have a sneaking feeling I put the inner seals in wrong way, soon find out..gonna get the softest springs from TF too to hopefully soak up some of those lovely braking bumps. :)

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 am 
So according to the Echo, there will be some big screens installed outside the XC track at the Castle itself and at the Sally Army tea room (I think), this doesnt appear to be publisced much, I may well go along now..hopefully with bike if rotors from far east arrive in time !

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 am 
^ mm may point down to watch big screen.

No screen you say :roll:

Last edited by Laser on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 am 
Sam says he's going to have the screens on in his shop and a BBQ etc in Hadleigh

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 am 
I'll wave at you from inside ;)

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 am 
VW-surfbum wrote:

Have you not got to unlock the gates in the morning Ian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: Re: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am 
VW-surfbum wrote:

I'll wave my bottle of becks :P
If I drank booze.

bbq what shop?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 pm 
Velo virtuoso on the london road in hadleigh just past the old fire station

It doesn't matter what you ride

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next