Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 pm 
:clap: Firstly ,You have an excellent webpage.
We are Germans,who live close to the border from netherlands.We are intend to come over to the Uk for
the Olympics games.
We like to take the route with our mountain-bikes Harwich-Maldon-Southend on Sea
Is there any Single Track,wich we can use?? :?:
After the event we like to past Thorndon-Danbury-and Epping Forest..

Maybe,we can arrange a Tour with your guys by then :?:

At home:We take part on beachriding Contest in Netherland.
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=541398

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqvfnPUKhQk&list=UUoJChXBekqYUzsJZge7aREg&index=2&feature=plcp

And further,we take part on marathon-courseracing.and 24 hours events.
Maybe,someone of you is interessting for an exchange??

Post subject: Re: Olympics MTB EVENT
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:08 pm 
Hi,

I think you'll have to use roads quite a bit on that route. Should be plenty of quiet ones though with a bit of planning. Have you looked at Sustrans.org.uk? They have a network of marked cycle routes. Route 51 goes from Harwich to Colchester. Route 1 goes from Colchester to Chelmsford and Maldon. On gpsies.com I found a route called 'Kurt 2' that pretty much does what you need too, with a bit of tweaking you can follow a gps track.

Whichever way you do it you'll be going right by Danbury, so can take it in as you go! You can find some of the tracks on gpsies again. Search the maps to the West of Maldon for tracks suitable for mountain biking. Or let us know your timetable and I'm sure you could get some local guides!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:29 pm 
:D Yeah,So many different ways are leading to Southend on sea.The coastline over Clacton on sea seem to be interessting.
:clap: sustrans --- gypsies--cycle-route.com----routeplaner and all the you tube videos helps me out :clap:

I took two advertising in german forums

http://rad-forum.de/forums/4/1/Reisepartner

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=563420

Lots of views,but no one knows something about this topic, :oops: :oops:

One of the big question:If i have no ticket to get on Hadleigh Farm,In which way i can see something from the contest.?
Is there about a public viewing??,Party on the street??(lifebands.festival)

Everything is still so far,but my enthusiam for great britain is growing from time to time

You know;I will get with 100% into your country and getout with 200% Emotion like each year.

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/u/34960?page=2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
pollux wrote:
:clap: Firstly ,You have an excellent webpage.
We are Germans,who live close to the border from netherlands.We are intend to come over to the Uk for
the Olympics games.
We like to take the route with our mountain-bikes Harwich-Maldon-Southend on Sea
Is there any Single Track,wich we can use?? :?:
After the event we like to past Thorndon-Danbury-and Epping Forest..

Maybe,we can arrange a Tour with your guys by then :?:

At home:We take part on beachriding Contest in Netherland.
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=541398

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqvfnPUKhQk&list=UUoJChXBekqYUzsJZge7aREg&index=2&feature=plcp

And further,we take part on marathon-courseracing.and 24 hours events.
Maybe,someone of you is interessting for an exchange??

Hi there..Interesting to see people from further afield visiting our land for the Olympics.

I live quite close to the Olympic track and often ride in that general area, (Hadleigh Castle), there are some nice single track routes around that way (mostly between towns of Benfleet and Leigh on Sea).

Ive had a quick ride on the Olympic Track and it was quite fun, alas I couldnt get tickets for the main event but I saw the 'London Prerpares' practide race and that was great..lovely weather too.

I've got quite a few local routes saved, heres a Hadleigh castle one > http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... dtkjv7pvtr

The XC Olympic track is approx in the middle of the above pic (just below the lake)...and it does take in a small part of the route I ride.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 am 
I'm also about a 10 min ride away from the olympic site, you can get there on single track pretty much all the way from mine. Glad to help if I can!

Sent from my GT-I9100

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:15 pm 
:) Hi,I just want to show you some impression from the way of life of my mountainbiking.

The Final at the Plettenberg Marathon.

My last tour of the Faroe Island

My German Beachbiking friends on the last Hoek van Holland-Den Helder race.

If we start our journey in essex.We stay up in South Woodham.
Is anybody know`s who is looks like up there??
Is there a trail going to Hadleigh Farm??
Will be the Hadleigh Farm fenced at the Olympic games??

Is anybody interessed for an exchange??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 pm 
pollux wrote:
:) Hi,I just want to show you some impression from the way of life of my mountainbiking.

The Final at the Plettenberg Marathon.

My last tour of the Faroe Island

My German Beachbiking friends on the last Hoek van Holland-Den Helder race.

If we start our journey in essex.We stay up in South Woodham.
Is anybody know`s who is looks like up there??
Is there a trail going to Hadleigh Farm??
Will be the Hadleigh Farm fenced at the Olympic games??

Is anybody interessed for an exchange??

Nice pix.

Ssoo..South Woodham..what made you choose there may I ask ?. The actual town of South Woodham is a very small old village, nearby South Woodham Ferrers is a newly built town which is unspectacular, I however catch a train there now and again as its the nearest stop to Danbury, which as you prob have seen from this site is quite a fun DH/XC spot.

Not sure about trails from South Woodham to Hadleigh, you have to realise that South East essex is quite populated and built up so the journey from SW to Hadleigh is prob going to be mostly road.

The track is kind of fenced off, access is prohibited, but Ive had a quick sneaky go a while back but most of the track now has wooden barriers every few yards so is unrideable, you can still ride the single track which goes past the track though, but as some of this doubles as part of the Olympic track I expect that even this will be closed during the Olympic period. Ive got quite a few pix of it I took when riding it and also of the 'London Prepares' trst event last summer.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 pm 
If you like riding on beaches, then you can get to Walton from Harwich and follow the beach down past Clacton as far as Point Clear. There's probably a few sections where you'll need to hop off the beach - definitely when the tides in! There's also a lot of groynes along that stretch of coast that you'd have to clamber over. Some might be rideable as drop offs but the sand is soft. Got to say I've never even thought of trying to ride along there! From Point clear you can get a ferry to Brightlingsea and East Mersea (http://www.brightlingseaharbour.org/ferry.html). From Mersea cross the Strood (a road that often floods at high tide) and you're not far from Maldon, so you'll be getting close!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am 
South Woodham does seem like so random place to stay? But you got to stay somewhere right? There are no places to lodge in hadleigh as far as I know, you could rent a caravan/holiday home on Canvey island so you're right on hadleigh's door step?

Sent from my GT-I9100

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:08 am 
unityjon wrote:
South Woodham does seem like so random place to stay? But you got to stay somewhere right? There are no places to lodge in hadleigh as far as I know, you could rent a caravan/holiday home on Canvey island so you're right on hadleigh's door step?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Surely not even German visitors deserve the horrors of Canvey :). Actually staying nearby Hadleigh is not something Ive seen mentioned in Olympic blurp..lots of info about travelling to event, I guess Southend is nearest place to stay that has lots of Hotels, B&B's, but visitiors may not know that. I wonder if any Hadleighians are rented out their properties for the suppossed huge prices you can charge ?..I know my mum isnt !

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 pm 
Rooms let for £400 a night, cant be bad, wonder if i should jump on the bandwagon !!

I guess staying at Canvey would mean carrying a bike lock so huge it wouldnt be practical :crazy:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm 
:D Hey, guys,I`m impress that you are interested for my topic.You can keep me informed about Hadleigh news,
Party and backstage.in Southend on sea. :clap:
How is a quick ride to Gravensend-Oueenborough??
Is it worth while just to have a look?
Mabey it?s to much traffic??
We stay up in South Woodham Ferres on the ferres road.
120 £ for two nights for 2 people,seem to be ok.
Actually,we plan the the coast to coast tour(St Bee`s-Robin Hood Bay)
I think,we have put in on.Has anybody ever been in this area???

One of our attempts for a drop in our local area

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am 
pollux wrote:
:D Hey, guys,I`m impress that you are interested for my topic.You can keep me informed about Hadleigh news,
Party and backstage.in Southend on sea. :clap:
How is a quick ride to Gravensend-Oueenborough??
Is it worth while just to have a look?
Mabey it?s to much traffic??
We stay up in South Woodham Ferres on the ferres road.
120 £ for two nights for 2 people,seem to be ok.
Actually,we plan the the coast to coast tour(St Bee`s-Robin Hood Bay)
I think,we have put in on.Has anybody ever been in this area???

One of our attempts for a drop in our local area

No idea about any backstage goings on at Olympic Xc or even where the majority of people involved will be staying, you'll find that Southend is the busiest area for nightlife, etc..and you can experience the joys of Essex boys and gals :)

No idea about a trip Gravesend to Queenborough (just looked and its on the Isle of Sheppey,) you do realise there is a big river in the way between Essex and Kent ?!..The Thames, to get acroos youll need to go towards London..nearest crossing (except ferry) is Dartford..and yes..it can be VERY busy traffic wise, its part of the notorious M25 outer london ring road. I think many here would suggest staying 'this' side of the Thames (i.e North/Essex), youll find that most of the spots on this side are in this area..and north of London.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:49 pm 
andydd wrote:
you'll find that Southend is the busiest area for nightlife, etc..and you can experience the joys of Essex boys and gals :)

Andy
[/quote]

Yeah,Southend on sea might be an action pack town for night life.
Boys and( gals---girls)is a nice word.I just picked it up.

I think,i found the best information for Olympic games on this Webside

[url](http://www.echo-news.co.uk/search/?search=olympic+news[/url]

From all Videos,which i saw of Essex mountainbike area,might be Danbury the best spot,which we have to visit
on our Olympic tour. :D :D

Such a single track like in Danbury,you will find a quite a few spots in netherland.
Every 30 miles ,you will find an mtb-route

http://www.mtbroutes.nl/index.php/kaart-nederland

But the UK is a new challenge for me to discover new bike spots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 pm 
Superb picture :high5:

i hope that didnt end badly!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next