Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm 
I cant believe you guys are riding your shit already. Looking at that landing, it hasnt been packed down anywhere near enough.
Unless you let it dry properly before riding, itll be fucked by mid-summer if not before, meaning your whole winters digging will be watsed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:34 pm 
Haha its fine, been doing this for a while man. Most of it is built on old jumps we put in years ago so it all has a solid core. The rest of the stuff has been beaten down hard but ridding in the winter just takes its toll. A lot of the soil is a sand clay mix to two rain showers and it turns to glue. The moment the sun hits it it sets rock hard.

Its also not a secret spoteither so what can you do. Being honest it dosnt bother me either way. I ride a mountain bike i dont need perfectly manicured landings. If i wanted that i ride trail centers and bore the shit out of myself.

Its nice to have it looking good and maintained, and shit weve all put a lot of hours in this winter but ultamatly its all just playing in the dirt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 pm 
That video clip is quality banner! Lol!

Poor dude, loads of us were hitting that drop last weekend. It's the perfect confidence builder for the big one.

Law bags, we've pretty much been riding this stuff all winter mate!

No one should be riding anything unless they are willing fix what they fuck up. Also generally keeping the place tidy will keep us on good terms with the park police and jobsworths!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 pm 
I wont be down tomorrow i dont think, dan quite possibly will be though in the afternoon

--------------------------------------
www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk - SBC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:02 am 
ggg wrote:
haha its fine, been doing this for a while man. Most of it is built on old jumps we put in years ago so it all has a solid core. The rest of the stuff has been beaten down hard but ridding in the winter just takes its toll. A lot of the soil is a sand clay mix to two rain showers and it turns to glue. The moment the sun hits it it sets rock hard.

Its also not a secret spoteither so what can you do. Being honest it dosnt bother me either way. I ride a mountain bike i dont need perfectly manicured landings. If i wanted that i ride trail centers and bore the shit out of myself.

Its nice to have it looking good and maintained, and shit weve all put a lot of hours in this winter but ultamatly its all just playing in the dirt

I totally agree....mirror smooth trails are dull. We'd be rding rigid shit if we wanted that!

It moght not be a scret spot, but there is plenty you can do. Dg a hole ifront of whatever you dont want people to ride till its ready, Then fill it in. Get a wooden pallet, dig a hole that that it sits in and hide the pallet while your not there.

You guys have said it already, big chunks missing off landings, ruts apperaing. They arent packed down enough then. Spend the extra few hours packing it and it saves it falling appart.

This landing took me 4-5 hours of solid packing down. The sides and back too. And now you could chuck bricks at it and it'd stand firm. Someone casing it isnt gonna touch it.

Dont get me wrong, Im not having a stab at you lot.....youve just put too much time in this year to see it all wasted. Especially as its the 1st year is ages its had the time put in!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 am 
I know exactly what youre saying jumps should be packed down and leftbfor a few weeks atleast to harden up a bit.
But the temptation is too much while your there!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:19 am 
Resisit it! lol. You'll only regret it in the summer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:57 pm 
Ha Its all good. Were constantly packing them down, and throwing more dirt on. Personaly i like to do it with my back wheel then fill it, smooth it and start again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 pm 
Yea we rode the dirt jumps today and theyve been riden quite a bit lately so we pu more dirt on an packed it down again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:46 pm 
Randomly met a few people in Epping yesterdsay I rembered, well they remembered me from a year or so ago and they took me to Enfield. Loved the place, it's so nice to see something like this in London and I'l be coming back most Sundays now.

Thanks Cam.

I was on the Green Voltage FR, if you remeber me.

I've actually decided to buy a jump bike again, rather than a XC bike liked a planned to, tghanks to the place.

I'm more than happy to help you build. Would you ever plan to put in a more DH sort of line on the other side of the river, with roots and rocks gardens?

See you out there next week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm 
We had planned to put a proper dh line in

but due to 1 of the riders we dig with doing his collar bone and having work commitments (meant we lost his brother and mate digging aswell as they couldnt come without him there) we ended up having 2 of us down there each week at most, so it would of been too much work to get done so this year we have just focused on the bases of the lines and put a few jumps and bits in and then next year will begin burying rocks and logs

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
Thanks brother its taken a winter of ball breaking to get it built. Its also why it the worst kept secret spot ever and were just praying it dosent get blown out. There was a lot of trouble over there a few years ago and it nearly all got ended. Ill be up sunday for sure. Going to build a new river gap to follow on from the step down me and tony dug the other week. see you there...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 pm 
Ggg. you have got the step down done now? it would be nice not to be swaped with poeple overthere after it has taken so much to get it hiw it is now. Any one that knows where it is please keep it to yourself before our spot gets distroyed/ pulled. i should br overthere at some point.on sunday and will probably be digging thursday if its not to dry.

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
Yer i was over saturday and sunday pushing dirt up that bloody hill. Its pretty much finished. Its going to need a lot of water a good beating and then another ten barrows of dirt before you can hit it but it looks the right shape. Its not huge but its going to be fast hence the double over thr stream idea at the bottom...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 pm 
We really need to look at getting soem sort of water storage up there. the hole place needs it bad.

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next