Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:41 pm 
Yer we do. Its always been a bit like that bone dry till its rainned for a month then it turns into a swamp....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm 
What day's do you guys normally build/ride over there?

Look's like you've got some nice stuff :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 am 
Generaly everyone turns up on Sunday for the last few months

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:58 am 
I'll be there this sunday and possibly saturday for a couple hours.

Was over there on saturday and it was awesome! First time i've been able to confidently ride the top section, still a bit soft needs some more water and a few hours of spade slapping! Gonna bring some of those pressurised water canisters on the weekend they should help alot.

Now we have the lighter evenings i'll be spending a couple evenings a week just maintaining then make the most of the riding on the weekends.

Big thanks to EVERYONE who has helped out over there!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:10 am 
ggg wrote:
Thanks brother its taken a winter of ball breaking to get it built. Its also why it the worst kept secret spot ever and were just praying it dosent get blown out. There was a lot of trouble over there a few years ago and it nearly all got ended. Ill be up sunday for sure. Going to build a new river gap to follow on from the step down me and tony dug the other week. see you there...

If you google enfield trails, jumps, dj, dh, ride, bike, mtb etc etc, the 1st page or 2 are full of this site.

Every reference to it needs deleting off here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am 
Ha we know this. The location is not a secret. It never has been. Kids and phones love filming and posting on youtube. What are we going to do. police the whole internet? A lot of people have riddin it over the years and a lot of people know about it, word spreads. We ask people not to publish the location as its just not going to help but in reality thats all we can do.

I never upload photos of what weve built as thats not going to help either and id rather all mention of it disapeared to help preserve all our work but how? Ive got better things to do than chase around the internet .... any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 pm 
Its a tough one. But by keeping it off here would help loads.
Lets face it, th 1st thing anyone does to find out info from a place is to google it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm 
New title - The place that shall not be named thread ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:19 pm 
Job done.

Just call it Riverside or something

There was a set of jumps that I ride that had to change its name after getting far too busy. To be fair, the uppets that started them called them the nearest road name, so they werent hard to find!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:11 pm 
Ha i like that idea. Get rid of photos as well. That always encourages me to find a spot more than anything else.

To my mind its a bit shit. I hate the whole secret spot/ elitist / this is ours thing, at the end of the day were all just playing on big toys and id encourage anyone who wants to to get involved. But unfortunatly it seams if you want a riding spot not to get destroyed youve gota be a c@&*t.

This site is about encouraging people to ride together and its not the people here that cause the problem, but like lawbags said this is the first site peple see. So change the name and get rid of the photos?. Itll never sort the problem but might help?

When are you both coming to ride again?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 pm 
It might take ages to disappear from Google's ranking and cache. So perhaps create another sight all about this spot , stuff it full of keywords and content about Enfield trails but then put the location in completely the wrong place, that way it might get listed before this site and steer the wrong kind of people away! :D

Last edited by Eccles on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:58 pm 
ggg wrote:
Ha i like that idea. Get rid of photos as well. That always encourages me to find a spot more than anything else.

To my mind its a bit shit. I hate the whole secret spot/ elitist / this is ours thing, at the end of the day were all just playing on big toys and id encourage anyone who wants to to get involved. But unfortunatly it seams if you want a riding spot not to get destroyed youve gota be a c@&*t.

This site is about encouraging people to ride together and its not the people here that cause the problem, but like lawbags said this is the first site peple see. So change the name and get rid of the photos?. Itll never sort the problem but might help?

Yeah I agree, share the fun but I guess it would be crap for all the hard work to be lost some how.

Was thinking I need to get out for a ride there soon, been to Aston last couple of times but only been for a ride once a month this year. :-( Hopefully should get out soon - need to see the rest of the stuff you've done!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:52 am 
ggg wrote:

Yeah, I dont really like the secretive shit either. I hate it when you turn up to a set of trails and they are chained up.
But sadly, its what you have to do now.

Dunno....Im off all this week, so maybe later in the week if anyones gonna be there?? Assuming its all ridable of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm 
I'm going to take a trip down now I know roughly where to look.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm 
Don't supose anyones seen some blue shovels floating around anywere?
headed down today first time in few months to do a bit of tidying up and they werent were we had left them and couldnt find them anywere
guessing some kids have pinched em, but if any1 has seen em, give us a shout

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next