Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summer Alps Trip - August 13th to16th
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:46 pm 
Akif,

you could do the alps at shin knee pad level, i would recommend full face and full body armor though. big rocks at high speed dont mix! i think there are some good vids in the vid section of last years trip.

t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:44 am 
Tranny,

Thanks for the input. Checked out the vids from 2008 and 2009, both looks promising. However, you are right. The level of protection required is far greater than anticipated. Looks like ill be going next year =]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
Ok so just got back from Morzine - really really good - even with the cow shaped obstacles on the trails.

Popping out of a berm strait into a ton of beef is never a good idea

Im happy to head back - we found some cool new stuff and have yet to ride morgins and champery yet so loads to explore. Les gets is good this year so staying in Morzine is the best bet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 pm 
All good with me as long as you promise to leave that horrible jeresy i saw on matts facebook page behind!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:52 am 
Was a great weekend, i'd happily go back there again in August

gladdice wrote:
all good with me as long as you promise to leave that horrible jeresy i saw on matts facebook page behind!!

Pot. Kettle. Black?
(Refering to the stars and stripes PJs mug shots!! ;) )

--------------------------------------
"It's a cold, miserable day.. but that's what makes us tougher than those boys"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 am 
Those are class PJs and i feel all snuggly wearing them!!

morzine it is then, new frame arrives on thursday so hope to get some local rides in before we get out there!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 am 
gladdice wrote:
as long as you promise to leave that horrible jersey i saw on Matts facebook page behind!!

Thanks Jeff Banks but didn't you hear ;) .....its a new rule... anyone doing road gaps has to wear one. Im pretty sure you wont need to buy one for a while :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 am 
Plain black for me then - much better at hiding the blood when i crash on the road gap!

did matt do the gap?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:08 am 
Nein, but did the Chatel shore/stream gap, rock drop and Les Gets berm jump thing, wouldn't do any of them last year so pretty happy.

The Chatel gap did look a bit more doable to be fair, have to have a good look when we return...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:12 am 
Well done on all those matt, progress going well then!

another chance to eye up the road gap soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:01 pm 
Matt got so pumped from doing the river gap thing he burned into the next bit of shore and ended up on a skinie 10ft over a river by accident... super sketchy... especially when I followed him in and we slid off it. All on video ;)

The new drop and step up after the rock drop are very cool too

Loads of new stuff in general Joel - we could ride new stuff almost all of the time and the stuff we love has been tweaked to keep it fresh.

Mat - what do you think to going back to the same hotel - pieere might give us good rates and maybe let us check out late / early. - bike storage seemed secure and the washing thing would mean having to bring less clothes. The hill is an arse but we have you car for trips into town?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:10 pm 
Ok so in terms of maximising riding these flights look cheap and great times flying with BA - no strikes right now so should be ok

£64
06:45 13 Aug
09:20 13 Aug
Heathrow (London)
Geneva

£64
21:05 16 Aug
21:40 16 Aug
Geneva
Heathrow (London)

with the right flexibility on accommodation what could almost give us 3.5 days of riding.

Joel Tom - how does Heathrow work..... if its an issue Joel you could kip at mine maybe and we could get a MPV taxi with Tom. I rekon we could get one for 150 return so 50 each which would be less than parking and fuel.

Transfers using the dudes we used last year are working out 60 for shared return 90 private return

They do say - The average waiting time for a shared transfer is around twenty minutes. Maximum waiting time for shared transfers is one hour. Not sure how accurate that is. Happy to do either

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:15 pm 
Yeah I was pretty please to hit them.. nice to go back somewhere and just hit it, progression and all that.
Riding that shore blind was probably the best thing... we know whats there now, will have the fear before i've even got on it next time!

I'd happily go back to that hotel. He seemed pretty chilled - when I checked out pretty late in the day on Sunday all he said was 'you not going to have dinner with us'! The hill isn't too bad, and clothes washing, breakfast and dinner easily make up for it., and yep have my car for town.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:23 pm 
Jon

That all sounds good, if you dont mind me kipping that would be great - will check with the wife!

Flights are all good and transfers sound cool.

I will point Tom in this direction and we can confirm tomorrow and book up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 pm 
All sounds great to me.

I wouldn't mind another day either The Tuesday after or the thrusday before? Just thaught I would through it out there! 4.5 days of riding?!

All sounds perfect either way!

Sounds like it's comming in under budget too.

T

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next