Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: chance to ride hadleigh farm course!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm 
The BBC Look East program are doing a report in the use and cost of the track and would like to interview someone in the know.

Below is the e-mail they sent me.

Hi there. We are still hoping to look into the cost of using the Hadleigh mountain bike track on Look East…and we need someone who thinks its too expensive. Would it be possible to talk to you about this and a possible interview please?

I am here all day so maybe if you get a chance you could call me please?

Thanks v much, Louise Priest.

LOUISE PRIEST

BROADCAST JOURNALIST

BBC LOOK EAST

01603 284375

If anybody wants to have a rant feel free to give her a ring.

--------------------------------------
Specialized sx trail 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm 
Cost ? what the price you pay for car parking ? or have i missed something...

Also there's a facebook group called hadleigh hobbits - you can register on there to help with trail building etc. - https://www.facebook.com/dave.brittney?fref=ts looks like it will be Thursday eve's, we're going to surface the skills area they've built next week i think ? but its a great way to get involved and keep the pressure and momentum happening so the place is open sooner rather than later !

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 pm 
Maybe they are thinking of Tom's training rides, but thats not really the cost of using the track, thats a training course.

Hadleigh Hobbits looks interesting.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm 
I hear/also see that this will be compleated in 2015 :shock: :shock:

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 pm 
Just received a newsletter from the Hadleigh Legacy bods, still doesnt exactly say much.

http://issuu.com/essexcc/docs/hadleigh_ ... ode=window

Whats interesting is that there are some races organisedfor the venue although perhaps some may say, stop buggering about with organising races and either let everyone ride it as is or get on with the work..its still not scheduled to be finished till 2015, which is hardly catching the Olympic spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:46 pm 
Looks like they'll cordon off bits as they develop them and leave the rest open, or have i read far too much into that ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:07 pm 
I thought it meant theyd cordon off bits of the general park not the track as thats all cordoned off officially anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 pm 
Got email like most today maybe worth a look

Quote:
Hadleigh Farm XC Eliminator – Thursday 4th July

The course at Hadleigh will take in Triple Trouble (with extra D line on the grass) and the final descent chute with the Olympic start/finish area being our event village.
It is with great pleasure that we can announce this event to take place on the evening of Thursday 4th July 2013. XC Eliminators are growing in popularity with a World Cup series now taking place throughout the year and many one off events being mooted in the UK. An opportunity for us to host our own version of an XC Eliminator at the iconic Hadleigh Farm Olympic MTB Venue has arisen and we will form part of the Shine A Light day of celebrations on Thursday 4th July.

For those of you not familiar with XC Eliminators (XCE) they are a knock out competition based on a short 1km circuit. The competition consists of 4 riders in a heat with the first 2 across the line progressing to the next stage, eventually leaving us with 4 riders to contest the final. The course will be a mixture of wide paths to allow overtaking with technical features thrown in to spice up the action and allow riders with higher technical abilities to come to the fore.

We are now inviting you to enter this exciting new event and be in with a chance to win the £100 first prize!!!

Our event will allow for 32 male and 16 female riders to take the start. Should we be oversubscribed we will select riders based on the following criteria:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:05 pm 
I can't believe the time this is taking, missed the legacy boat already... I just don't get what the hold up is I was looking forward to having something good on my doorstep. I know the guided tours are open I just don't want to part with £45 to ride a few hrs when I can pay £5 or 6 at places like Aston or PORC (no assessments needed the world hasn't ended)! and and even less / free for XC at places like Epping, Swinley and Bedgebury.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm 
Anselm wrote:
I can't believe the time this is taking, missed the legacy boat already... I just don't get what the hold up is I was looking forward to having something good on my doorstep. I know the guided tours are open I just don't want to part with £45 to ride a few hrs when I can pay £5 or 6 at places like Aston or PORC (no assessments needed the world hasn't ended)! and and even less / free for XC at places like Epping, Swinley and Bedgebury.

+1

All they need to do is to ask riders to sign a waiver saying that the rider take all responsibility. They could charge £3/4 a day, open a café (or use the one from the Salvation Army), maybe even open a bike shop, that would create a few jobs and attract quite a few people.
Seems that they can't see the big picture

JC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:16 pm 
They had to get funding approved to pay the trail builders amongst others... then they developed some long winded time line to build it, the 'course' seems to come last in all their decisions, its all about money making and trying to prove a point, the infuriating thing is is that if they did the course first, then the carpark close or at the same time they would not only generate money but also have hard and fast figures to show the number of visitors so they can 'sell' the units they plan to build to business.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:45 pm 
And the course would be easily 'accessible' albeit unofficially if it wasnt for the huge big wooden barriers all over it.

Ill be too old to ride anymore by the time its finished :)

Post subject: Chance to ride hadleigh farm course!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm 
Join the hadleigh club then get discount vouchers off.... Hmmm

Agree in all what has been said above and in this whole post. They are missing the whole point well behind of a good mtb course.. Look at the stuff they can build in Wales in half the time, now we all would jump in our cars and drive there a for a day or two of riding nice welsh purpose built trails... Hadleigh will be missing all this Capitol and free spend... Us bikers are a picky lot and vote with our wheels.. Sadly I'm not excited anymore about the Olympic course they've lost all its appeal on me...

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
unityjon wrote:
they had to get funding approved to pay the trail builders amongst others...

This is what I don't get - there is apparently a world class trial there already, they had some kind of global event there recently I think?! What's to build? Grade it black or double 'ard bastard black if you like, and away you go... like dozens of other trail centres around the country. And I agree the rest should follow once the course is being used.

Any way enough ranting it seems I'm a bit grumpy today :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:52 pm 
Sorry to resurrect an older thread but do we have any updates for the Hadleigh track? I am really interested in riding the track as I ride around the country park fairly recently! Looking forward to its open day! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next