Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: chance to ride hadleigh farm course!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:49 pm 
Ive done the course & the most daunting section is the a line on triple trouble, but there is other route down each obstacle the rock garden is tricky as is monument the2 guides give u good tips how to ride each section ie where & how to brakes lean back & when fo commit & let go of brakes ! Enjoy your day , I DID !!

--------------------------------------
Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm 
Geoff43 wrote:
Ive done the course & the most daunting section is the a line on triple trouble, but there is other route down each obstacle the rock garden is tricky as is monument the2 guides give u good tips how to ride each section ie where & how to brakes lean back & when fo commit & let go of brakes ! Enjoy your day , I DID !!

Glad you enjoyed it Geoff. I'll be seeing you on the 24th. You can do laps or stay back and section and have some coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm 
To add to my comments, I was thinking about the DH bits, but other parts could be considered difficult or black due to the skill/fitness needed to ride UP, for example there is a short stretch outside the main Sally Army piece of land that is a fun blast going DH dodging the rocks but thats going the wrong way, I'd find it almost impossible going the correct way, i.e up due to the fact my fitness level is not great and my bike is not designed for an uphill slog.

Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:03 pm 
Ill b doing some sections wanna b able to a line triple trouble & get me confidence up on riding rock sections

Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm 
Yep that bit is a killer on me hard tail defo hard slog on your downhill bike

Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:44 am 
So there's been some work done over Hadleigh clearing an area for a skills course, not sure what it will entail but at least its progress :thumbup:

It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 am 
See the write up about that area on their FB page.. it's the wood just on the left of the path as you walk in from the main carpark, think they named it Glen's Den or something like that...

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am 
Havent looked on their FB page for a long time, just read this...

Quote:
All,

The Hadleigh Mountain Bike Club regret to announce, with immediate effect, the departure of Glenn Horton as our Chairman.

It was Glenn's vision and drive that took the Hadleigh Mountain Bike club from an idea in his head, to where we are today with over 80 members and a whole host of sponsors and supporters ranging from local bike shops to global brands. Along the way, there have been some bumps and a few false starts, not least because the place we all want to ride seems to remain out of reach for most of us for now. This said however, we have the makings of an excellent MTB skills area and plans in place to start coaching all ages in the coming weeks.

Glenn has taken the decision to part company with the club and concentrate on his personal life and other endeavors, I'm sure however we will still see him out on the trails or kayaking around the estuary early in the mornings.

The club will continue to operate, as is, up to the AGM where a new chairman will be elected. In the mean time please direct all correspondence on the subject or any other related communications to Chris Hyde who will be standing in until the AGM.

Again, we would publicly like to thank Glenn for all his hard work and drive over the last year and we will do our best to make the club the success he and we have always envisioned.

Thanks

Hadleigh Mountain Bike Club

thats a shocker, i know he received a lot of stick from people over a few decisions but thought he'd be in it for the long run.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:18 pm 
So they have cut a branch off and swept up some leaves.........................i have done more in my back garden since last august...................lol

trees dont move!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 pm 
Interesting stuff.

Went over Hadleigh on Sunday and had a good ride and did the Leap of Faith bit of the course, didnt see the new trails bit though.

As for the stuff about Glenn, hhmm.. well..I was initially very interested in the Hadleigh FB page and attended some of the original fire station meetings, etc but was booted off as I once mentioned that I prob wouldn't pay to join a internet based MTB club, many people I spoke to did prefer a more 'informal 'club' (EssexHertsMTB and Muckers being great examples) and were put off by the Hadleigh Club list of numerous rules and comments Glenn made.

Still, things are progressing, lets hope they pick up speed a bit :)

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:09 pm 
With this mean I won't need to fillout paperwork for Ten Bottles ride!

Why can't there be a dig days at Hadleigh Farm get things moving quicker. All this nonsense about having insurance. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm 
Aha..yes..the 10 green bottles ride did end up being a bit silly, in fact everything to do with insurance and biking or any risky sport is strange, some places are too terrified to let anyone do anything but other places (I'm thinking of the Alps and other Euro spots) seem completely free to let riders risk life and limb and build huge jumps/drops, etc...and there are no forms or waivers too sign, unless by buying a lift pass is deemed as some sort of waiver.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 am 
Looking forward to getting out in the evenings once more, tonight we're popping over Danbury for a bit but i'm sure hadleigh will be back on the cards before long

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 am 
Had another session over hadleigh course with jon & steve coaching another excellent day put to bed the sections didnt have confidence to do last time eg a lineup triple trouble ,monument & the rock garden, & the north shore gap jump did help doing it on full suss much more confidence in tackling the obstacles & jon & steve's coaching is spot on !!!

Yeti 575
cannondale sl4

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm 
andydd wrote:
Aha..yes..the 10 green bottles ride did end up being a bit silly, in fact everything to do with insurance and biking or any risky sport is strange, some places are too terrified to let anyone do anything but other places (I'm thinking of the Alps and other Euro spots) seem completely free to let riders risk life and limb and build huge jumps/drops, etc...and there are no forms or waivers too sign, unless by buying a lift pass is deemed as some sort of waiver.

Andy

I could be wrong as it,s just what some one told me when I was in France but apparently you take on the liability if taking part in such activities over there. The way it should be I think. Risk is fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next