Forum

Post subject: Hello From Malaysia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 am 
Interesting site here! I've been riding MTB in Singapore and Malaysia for the past 15 years. Am currently an active organizing member of the KL Mountain Bike Hash (www.klmbh.org) - sort of like the running hash on nobby wheels. We're one of the bigger mountain bike clubs in the country.

Am going to be in Romford for a couple of weeks in August and wouldn't mind checking out the MTB scene in the area. Can anyone tell me if there are bikes for hire or loan around Romford? Bringing my bike over is a second choice because of the logistical inconvenience. Which XC trails would be worth riding and are there GPS tracklogs or groups regularly riding these trails?.

Post subject: Re: Hello From Malaysia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
Hi. I dont know about bike hire in the area, you could of course get a boris bike (hee) but they wouldnt be much cop for XC ! :)

I guess there maybe places they do hire bikes, there are plenty for hire at MTB 'resorts' like Morzine but Romford isn't MTB mecca, but of course there are some ocal spots, most of them covered here, a few people have GPS tracks, I try and record most of my local rides and sometimes people post them here (or other forums).

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm 
Hey KLKid - no idea on bike hire tbh but there are always rides going on here which you are welcome to join :)

Ive had some dealings with these guys in Singapore before - super passionate about their biking and nice chaps :) http://www.attitudebikes.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:41 am 
Thanks Karve & andydd! Looks like short of trashing a boris bike, will have to consider boxing up my bike for the trip.

Either that or indulge in the british sports of pub and curry crawl! Looking forward to that actually ...... the guinness over here tastes like shite ..........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:28 pm 
Have a read here http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mountain ... -t614.html on the mtb hire, as for the xc rides there`s a few during weekdays in epping as well now so just keep tabs, you are more than welcome to join in. :)

--------------------------------------
Its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.