Forum

Post subject: Hey, ive just joined the forum :D
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 pm 
Hey Guys thought i would post something to get involved, i've had a good look around the site and im very impressed in the coming together of you guys down at these locations which i cant wait to get to :) Being from New Zealand i love the outdoors and soon will have an Orange 224- Evo Race on order.

Could i please get some good and bad points of the broxbourne, aston hill and woburn spots as these are the ones im looking to ride at many thanks Pete :)[

Post subject: Hey, ive just joined the forum :D
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm 
Welcome Pete

Woburn is a great FR spot, but the majority of the features there are "go big or go home" . Everything there is well maintained and new stuff is popping up on a weekly basis

Aston hill is great for some techy dh runs, and has a decent 4x track aswell. Only down side is the push up which is around 15 minutes.

Not been to Broxborne so cannot comment

Other decent spots are

Porc (penhurst) -dh
Enfield - FR, northshore, dirtjumps
Chicksands

--------------------------------------
"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

Post subject: Re: Hey, ive just joined the forum :D
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 pm 
Hey bro! Brads covered it off..... and the videos and pics in the Gallery should give you a good idea of what's available... id say there is a reasonable amount to progress on at Woburn... its not all massive. Its a great spot

There are also ghetto DH spots over at the N Downs and Swinley but maybe they are more suited to a 6 incher.

We also do regular uplift days if you dont mind a bit of a drive or grabbing a lift... loads of great venues within 3 1/2 hours Cwn Carn, UK Bike Park, Forest of Dean, Triscombe ets.... again check the gallery for pics n vids.

My original riding crew were all Kiwis.. and they loved the local spots even if its no way as good as home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:33 pm 
Hey Guys sorry for the late reply :)

Thank you so much for that info its helped me understand what i will find at these locations, looking forward for woban sands and aston hill as i used to go running in that area with a few friends for the raf base down the road.

Im just hoping to meet some guys up there as i dont no anyone who would like to ride at this moment in time but hey i quess i can still make new buds lol :) Im 21 and hungry for abit of extreme dh , but only to get back into the rhythm as ive got been on 2 wheels for 2 yrs or so.

As i have a Orange 224- Evo Race on order soon i was going to ask wether anyone has riden this bike with the cane creek double barrel coil shock as this is one of the upgrades i can get for an extra 150 what you guys think

Many thanks pete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
Broxbourne -
Good points

drains well
most is still rideable in winter
doesnt get overly busy with walkers
fun singletrack if you know were to look
although small, lots of paths and can make some fun long routes
some fun low down sort of northshorey stuff thats fun to play on in loops

Bad points

in summer horse riders pop out of nowere sometimes
quite alot of annoying gates / fences (stops the flow, luckily none halfway down any downs, all at bottom / tops of hills)

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 pm 
I don't know anything about the ride of the CC DB but at £150 upgrade cost that's a significant saving over the retail if over £500. Iknow it's a more complicated and tuneable rear shock and for most, I think it'll be overkill unless you plan on entering a regional series and looking to go national in competition maybe.

It's a very trick setup you'll have, definitely gravity oriented.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 pm 
Welcome Pete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:04 pm 
peterpryor1990 wrote:
Hey Guys sorry for the late reply :)

As i have a Orange 224- Evo Race on order soon i was going to ask wether anyone has riden this bike with the cane creek double barrel coil shock as this is one of the upgrades i can get for an extra 150 what you guys think

Many thanks pete

Ive got good experience with the ccdbs and love them - they are especially good at improving the ride on single pivots - what's the stock shock?

back in the day when it was a choice between the dhx5 and the ccdb the ccdb was a no brainer - the rc4 is a lot better however