Forum

Post subject: Danbury 14th September
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 pm 
I'm going to be there. Definitely off work!

Silver DMR hard tail and black top.

Might have my headphones in too :)

Post subject: Re: Danbury 14th September
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:08 pm 
Hi,

What time are you likely to be there? I might be around in the morning sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:21 pm 
From about 10am hopefully!

See you there :)

What are you riding?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 am 
Hi,me and a mate will be there bout 11ish,me on specialized demo,and me mate on big hit, ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:36 am 
Brilliant! See you there!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:32 pm 
I'll aim for 10. Be on a white Trek FS.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
I'll be in a blue a3, probably tightening my spokes to begin with- cained my wheels hard this season. Need a pre-ride tweak.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:05 pm 
Danbury was flowing damn good and fast today 8-) It was dead obvious that there had been zero or only one or two riders since the rain, and it had dried up sweet. Oh so Sweet.

It was also my first ride with newly invested googles- had a hairy moment with some grit in my eye when it was damp. Speed + blindess x kicker = sketchyness. Got to say that once you get used to them they are really good.

It was awesome meeting some folk from the board down there two! Was ESPECIALLY chuffed when ChingfordVin and co showed me some trails I never knew were there :o . I was starting to get a bit too comfortable at Danbury, and the fresh input has definitely boosted my enjoyment for the place. Thanks guys. :thumbup: :clap:

In addition to the greatness above, I have come to a point where I really am starting to "know" my bike. I was the fastest I've been all summer today. I feel that I crossed a bit of a plateau and have raised my game. This was noted by a couple of drifts on the rear end, having the mental capacity to choose lines outside of the normal, and to think about gear choice in preparation, use pumping and squash techniques.

Which sort of leads me to think that not only do seem to keep up at the very least with most FS bikes and riders, but I kind of dig the hardtail rawness that my bike gives.

I now really am completely and utterly thrown from aiming to get a big rig into the real thoughts of tricking out my bike.

One of the best days riding ever for company, use of skill and speed, and a ride where everything started to make sense.

Can't wait for PORC and Chicksands at the weekend....time for an ice cold Budvar Budweiser and an oil n clean.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:14 pm 
Was cool to meet ya dan,was good day's riding even though I thing Dodge will be hurting in the morn,cheer's for showing me the diff route into one of the run's,did bring smile to my face....:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 pm 
If I wasn't working nights this week I would've joined you guys. I need to improve and progress on the more techy jumping side of things and sounds like you guys have it down mostly.

Good to know the recent downpours hadn't trashed the runs and sounds like there's more to the area than I thought.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 pm 
Good to meet you today Dan. Sounds like you made a bit of an all day session out of it! Cheers for the tips on the bermed sections too. Forgot to say that when I was chatting to you, but it did work better!

Where are these extra trails?!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:07 am 
Between the berm run and the woody one to the right.

There's also a couple of differant link ups. Hard to explain.

One route we took was well gnar! I'm way off pace on that one but it happily gives me something to work next.