Forum

Post subject: Re: Bikes stolen
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 pm 
Good news now chop his hands off.

I see BTP at Billericay rail station by bike sheds most days now.
People still stupid by only lock front wheel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 am 
Good news, good luck for the recovery of the other bikes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 am 
Nice 1 t least its some progress, hope you get a result with the rest of your gear. Shame the little cnut will just get a slapped wrist and an all expensis holiday for ruining someones life. As said chop his hands off like they do in saudi arabia hid bollox too and stuff em down his throat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 am 
I was rather disapointed by the Police's action when my bike was stolen from the top of Southend High street, never was told whether there was any CCTV (you would assume there would be), and didnt hear anything back from police despuite the bike being tagged, photographed, etc

I note todays Southend Echo has story on guy who has now been jailed who seemed to find it easy to steal bikes from various stations, would be interesteing to know how he did it, to give people a hint as to what locks to buy, Ive got two quite hefty pricey ones but ultimately do not know how secure thay actually are, although i rarely leave my bike anywhere.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:50 pm 
Neil wrote:
Well they caught the guy that stole my bikes..

:thumbup: Good news. :thumbup:

Even when I drive thru Harlow I have my bike chained to my carrier with a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain and Padlock, lived there for a few years so I know what he place is like.

--------------------------------------
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4658058

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:05 pm 
According to the police it was a ring of 15 people with 3 main leaders and the rest stealing bikes to order. they are going to charge all 3 of the main guys with theft burglary breaking and entering etc. they have a massive haul of dismantled bikes which we are going to look through in case there are any parts from our bikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 pm 
Anyone have the electronic tag fitted by the police and if so whereabouts on the bike ?, I was told that they cant be really hidden inside the frame as the detoctor wont bike them up, I ended up twice have them fitted to insidethe fork steerer although bit pointless as on the first occasion I sold the forks and the 2nd time it fell out somewhere in Morzine/Les Gets.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:57 pm 
Like one of these?

http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/Accessories/immobitag.html

I have one of the racks and got an email from them saying how they were stocking the device..

Have considered it a few times but not sure...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 pm 
SurferEv wrote:
Like one of these?

http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/Accessories/immobitag.html

I have one of the racks and got an email from them saying how they were stocking the device..

Have considered it a few times but not sure...

Looks familiar, £14 heh ?. Not bad as you can get em fitted free, just need to keep an eye on the paper and they tell you when the next Police bike tagging event is.

Of course they are really only of help if the police find your stolen bike and can then identify it (thats the theory anyway).

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm 
We had the police come round last night with my specialized hybrid frame and it was definitely mine, due to the fact it had some non standard parts. But although i described it in detail to the police on the day it was stolen, they still have to make a decision as to wether i get it back as other people have claimed it is theirs. Also the fact that the other bikes are stripped, and if i cant prove that the individual components are mine, they would have to give them back to the thieves. I may have the serial number for the frames but not for each individual component. This may be a lesson to learn, take down the serial number for as many of your bikes components as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 pm 
Quote:
they would have to give them back to the thieves.
FFS :roll:
I have taken photos of scratches on frame and parts.