Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Enfield Maintenance Thread / General Enfield Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 am 
Seeing as theres alot of people that come on here to ask about enfield, thought should do this to make it clear.

Firstly everyone is welcome to ride and dig. To those who dont know where it is, youll work it out. The trails have been around for about 7 years, and have been developing for all of this time. Theres never realy been any trouble over building there and weve all generaly been left to it, partly because while not beeing a secret spot its always been off a lot of peoples radar, out the way, and hasnt caused any trouble for the land owners or anybody else as this is definatly not an official spot. Having said everyone is welcome, dont expect to just sign up to the forum and have your first post asking were they are for you to be told were they are, you will most likely be blanked, either get in on a dig day, get chatting to other people who ride there etc. and you will most likely find out were they are.

When it comes to digging please just dont turn up and make a hole. At the moment there seems to be two teams of diggers right now working, including the rider who found the place, started, and built most of what exists, and then knocked up the shore to finnish. If you want to dig come and find one of these groups (atm there is one focusing mainly on the dh side, the other on the freeride stuff). Between us we've got a sort of plan, digging a proper place that everyone wants to ride with a range of properly thought out runs. There is a shit load of dirt to move and shape and any help is welcome, but please have some respect for the thousands of barrows of dirt that have already been layed down before you turn up and dig your dream kicker. Talk to us and we can incorporate it into a line instead of having a wood with half arssed lumps everywhere. If you cannot find anyone, you can always post on here with some pics of the idea, and just okay it with someone else first. As afterall, you don't want to build something somewere and spend ages, when someone else has a better idea for there, and then they have more work adjusting what you've done to get the better line in.

... and lastly if you see anyone without a lid on tell em to piss off. The moment little johny cracks his skull and goes running home with blood pissing everywhere is the moment they try and shut the place down. Same goes for litter, keep it tidy, treat the trails well, and there is no reason for anyone to complain.

--------------------------------------
http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

Last edited by banner999 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Enfield Maintenance Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 am 
Hey bud was you there on Sunday?

Some lads were sorting out the shore stuff near that see saw in the afternoon.

Im usually there most weekends either digging or riding, would be good to see more people getting involved.

Cant make this friday but i'll be there on sunday! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm 
Tony200 wrote:
Hey bud was you there on Sunday?

Some lads were sorting out the shore stuff near that see saw in the afternoon.

Im usually there most weekends either digging or riding, would be good to see more people getting involved.

Cant make this friday but i'll be there on sunday! :thumbup:

yeah that was us

may be there on sunday aswell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:17 pm 
Hey bro i think i met you up therte on sunday. ill be back up this week for some more digging as finaly its rained

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 pm 
Might make it on friday afternoon for a bit depending on work...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:44 pm 
Can't make it this weekend, but post up next time your down there and I will hopfully be around

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 am 
No worries brad

didnt make it down on friday in the end

will be there tomorrow though, think we are going to do a bit more to the shore and a bit over on the dh side aswell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 pm 
Hi there guys.
Im new to the forum and live close to Enfield. I went over to the trails for the first time Sunday morning, and some of the others went in the afternoon and spoke to people over there about helping out . There is a few of us that would be happy to come down to maintain and build. I should be able to get over there most Sundays. When are you guys over there?

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 am 
Hey ... theres a load of us heading over on sunday so bring a shovel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:10 pm 
Will be there 2morw aswell

hopefully the rains softened the ground a bit now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:43 pm 
Good day building today

built the start of a landing for one of the drops on the dh side - mroe beginner friendly, but still esay to overshoot the new lander and land on the old one for the big hitters

also cleared out the start of 2 new dh runs, one very rocky and rooty, the other smoother but into a big gap jump over a big ditch

will be back next weekend to put in the kicker for the gap and also shape a berm on the run in into it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm 
Hi again
i have managed to get hold of a fair bit of wood,from a pub ripping out all its decking. it will be perfect for replacing some of the damaged parts of the shore and the should be plenty left for other lines. i will try and get some of it over there on sunday.

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm 
norcbot wrote:
Hi again
i have managed to get hold of a fair bit of wood,from a pub ripping out all its decking. it will be perfect for replacing some of the damaged parts of the shore and the should be plenty left for other lines. i will try and get some of it over there on sunday.

nice one mate!
should be over there sunday aswell digging a bit more of the dh side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 pm 
Yer ill be back sunday. I think were going to finish the new big double and then start reshaping some of the lines ... make it all a bit bigger...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:47 am 
Me and Dan (Norcbot) have been over this morning and repaired the right hand line of the shore where it dips!
So its ride able now and quite smooth :)

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk - SBC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next