Forum

Post subject: New to Buckhurst Hill
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am 
Hey,

I've just moved into the area, living right next to Epping Forest in Buckhurst Hill. I ride most days as I work from home and would love to meet a few other people who ride here regularly. I'm happy exploring the whole forest and riding singletrack but mainly go out looking for more downhill/freeride type stuff or anything involving jumps/drops/technical riding. Still learning the place but have found some fun lines around High Beech, if anyone is up for a ride then give me a shout!

Cheers,

Will

Post subject: Re: New to Buckhurst Hill
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:59 pm 
Welcome to EssexHerts, Will.

Great location, check out the ride forum for regular epping rides.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:04 pm 
Hi Will

The fun lines around High beech were a lot more fun earlier in the year. We had 4 ripping little trails which were ace in the summer but got pulled down. But for a real DH fix ur going to have to get in the car. All the places listed on the riding spots page are now more than an hour and there are people hitting up most of them every weekend. Other wise Epping can be technical if you ride it fast and loose.

There are lots of local riders so feel free to join any of the rides posted up. If its on the forum its an open invite!

Where have you moved from?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:19 am 
Welcome along!!!!!!! :)

--------------------------------------
Identiti 4x Rider
www.identitibikes.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:09 pm 
I've moved from the Midlands, not too far from Cannock Chase. I'd love to get out to some of the other places around but I don't have a car down here so restricted to places I can ride to at the moment unfortunately! Would happily split fuel costs with anybody with that drives.

I've noticed quite a lot of lines that obviously used to be good but have been destroyed. Do forest workers pull them down? Seems such a shame if so as I'd be keen to get out and do some trail-building if it wasn't going to be in vain..