Forum

Post subject: New rider from Romford
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 pm 
Hi ya all

looks like theres a bit of a biking craze sweeping Havering at the moment,lol

I am just getting back into biking after a while away, must be 10 years since I rode off road regularly and have hardly been on a bike over the last few years so fitness is fairly pants at the moment. Used to ride most of the local country parks and a few of the Trail centers further a field. Looking to get out with a few people but need to build some fitness first.

By the way have any of you locals rode the off road bits out the back of Hornchurch Country Park? Was out that way before xmas and there has been a bit of trail built through the tree plantings by whoever looks after that place. Proper built with Health and safety instructions on how to ride, the lot . Didnt get to check it out as I had a few terminal cable issues on a bike that hadnt been riden for 5 years.

Post subject: Re: New rider from Romford
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:44 pm 
Welcome. Ingrebourne Valley, the bit at the back of Hornchurch country park, has been built by the Forestry Commision and has been there for a few years now. It's good for a quick blast and has a mini pump track, a bermed small down hill section and double rhythm section but nothing demanding. I use it when I want a quick local ride as I'm a couple of minutes ride from there. You can also connect to the trails that run along the Thames to the Rainham bird marshes for a longer ride.

--------------------------------------
www.gw-designs.co.uk/home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 pm 
Hello...just as Greg says,the track is cool for a little burn..i also ride up to Averly marshes..they do wicked tea n cake at the rspb place...26mile round trip on a sunny day..Z

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm 
Hello....!
i'm always on the look out for someone to ride with i'm in hornchurch. not far from mc D's.
just drop me a line (or PM)
i also go Danbury a lot. so if you ever need a lift. just give me a shout.

I’ve got problem for your solution…

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm 
Cheers fella

will take you up on that once i get some fitness, its emabrassing how bad i am at the moment, recon id manage the first hill and be done for the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
It's not that bad. if you can get to Hornchurch Country Park your about my level of fittness.
i dout you'll ever see me riding up a hill.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 pm 
Dean, where abouts in Hornchurch are you? I live just around the corner from the Harrow pub.
I'm pretty new to all this but keen to get out, albeit I have the attention span of a small child and got bored after 2 hours generally!

2 wheels good, 2 wheels + engine better!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm 
JonMelson wrote:
Dean, where abouts in Hornchurch are you? I live just around the corner from the Harrow pub.
I'm pretty new to all this but keen to get out, albeit I have the attention span of a small child and got bored after 2 hours generally!

I'm just by bingo hall. so 2 mins from you.